Monday, August 4, 2014

You Light Up My Life

Hello, my crafty friends! I'm happy to share with you today my Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog DT inspiration project for LTSCB #35 - Running In Circles! We're sponsored this time by the awesome Lacy Sunshine Stamps and Scribbles Designs! Come play with us! We want to see your project with circles... they can be punched, die cut, hand-cut, hand-drawn, or part of your paper!

Another one of my favorite color combos is purple and green, so I chose this very cool double-sided paper with a variety of circles - tiny dots, small dots and circle postmarks - for my love card. I also chose the cute Scribbles Designs Light Bulb image because it has several circular characteristics - it's circular when you look down from the top, it has circular wires inside and the circular threads at the base. I also added a couple sets of circular gemstones and some Dot Sparklers which are circular.

I printed the light bulb image and cut it with my Silhouette, and for the most part, left it uncolored. I did color the threads at the base of the bulb with some liquid silver paint. I had a little fun flipping the lower right corner up to reveal the sentiment and the other side of the DP, and used the Fastenater and a green fastener to secure it. And of course, you guessed it, Debby Boone's one-hit-wonder "You light up my life" ran through my head the entire time I was creating this! ;)


I finished the inside with a stamped sentiment that finishes the sentence started on the front! ;)


I'm happy to enter my lovin' you card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury ivory cardstock; Marco's Wild Pansy grass cloth cardstock
  • K & Co. Jubilee double-sided paper
  • Scribbles Designs Light Bulb digital image
  • Marvy Uchida DecoColor Liquid Silver Paint
  • GKD Heartfelt Hits stamp set
  • GKD Always and Forever stamp duo
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • EK Success Fastenator
  • Stampendous Violet and Green Dot Sparklers
  • Zva Creative purple gemstones

Hope you've found a little inspiration to create a project with circles for our challenge this time! Be sure to check out the wonderful Lacy Sunshine Stamps and Scribbles Designs digis! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time!
Hugs,
Leslie

17 comments:

  1. Love your card Leslie! The colors & papers are so pretty...great layout too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fabulous use of this image! i love the sentiments you've used, they're very moving+ love the corner rising revealing the blue side!! i'm also a big fan of those postal circular stamps, they look very real!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty - especially the folded up corner! Thanks so much for playing with us at Dream Valley! I hope to see you there next time, too! Hugs, Cornelia DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these colors and I love circles, you've made an amazing card here! Thanks for playing at Scrapping4FunChallenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really neat card. I love the paper in the corner flipped up at the corner. Great color combination. Thank You for sharing with us over at The Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog.

    Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, love the colors!
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, thanks for sharing and joining us at Cc&CC cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colours Leslie! Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week for our Favourite Things challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great image and love the papers,turned back corner and sentiments -thank you for joining us at Crafting From The Heart
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card and sentiment. Love the DP.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card! Love the color combo and the folded corner for the sentiment! Great design :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous make!! :) Thanks for joining us over at Sister Act. -Alycia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card. Thank you for joining our "Anything Goes" Challenge this week at Love to Create.
    Ruza ~ LTC Admin/Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is amazing! I love the colours and that background is gorgeous! My favourite is how you turned up the corner to reveal the sentiment! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sometimes the simplist images make the best cards. This is great. Good guy card. Reminds me I must put new bulbs in ceiling light above dining room/craft table. I'm down to 1 out of 4.
    Hugs,
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab card, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations.
    Happy crafting,
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D