Monday, August 25, 2014

Wish Big

Howdy, crafty friends! I mentioned a few weeks ago that am guest designing for Card Mania Challenges for three months, and I'm here this morning to share my inspiration project for CMC #54 - Butterflies and Bows! Come play with us - we want to see your projects with butterflies and bows! We're being sponsored this time by The Paper Shelter!

I chose the absolutely gorgeous RoseInk image along with the RoseArt paper for my project. I used my Silhoutte to fussy cut the image and to make the oval and scalloped die cuts.


I stamped the sentiment along the left side and added a butterfly trail. That butterfly is indeed part of the digital paper but it sure looks like it's about the flutter right off the card! Just beautiful!


A little closer shot of the image and that big beautiful eight-loop bow! I love my Bow-It-All!


I kept the inside fairly simple a birthday sentiment stamped on pink cardstock layered on metallic pearl cardstock.


Proud to enter my pretty birthday card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury ivory cardstock; Bozo and Mardi Gras cardstock from the DCWV Reds multi-stack; Marco's Antique Linen ivory cardstock; Marco's Venicelux pearl metallic cardstock
  • The Paper Shelter RoseInk image and RoseArt paper
  • Copics: E000/33/37, B00/02/97, Y21, BG000, R00/81/85, YG61/63
  • Wink of Stella, clear
  • GKD Birthday Greetings and Vertical Greetings stamp sets
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • Prairie Bird Boutique wrinkled ribbon
  • Stampendous Dot Sparklers, pink and turquoise

That's it from me today - I hope you've found some inspiration to dig into your stash and create a pretty project for our Butterflies and Bows challenge! And don't forget to check out all the fun stuff The Paper Shelter has to offer! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time!
Hugs,
Leslie

11 comments:

Michelle said...

What a beautiful card Leslie. I love the butterfly trail and the image is beautifully coloured. Michelle x

Monika Reeck said...

oh wow so many lovely butterflies on her hair...lovely coloring and lovely ribbon bow too and I love your butterfly looks like it will fly...look real leslie...Great GDT card Leslie...hope you like to visiting me I am also GDT at Card Mania..hugs, Monika

fiona henderson said...

I adore this image and the card, its truly beautiful.

Fiona DT
TTPH

Darcy Schroeder said...

Gorgeous card, Leslie! I love your color combo and the image!! Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges!
Hugs
Darcy

Carole Robb Bisson said...

Great colors and layout. Thank you for posting with us at Word Art Wednesday. Happy hugs and sweet smiles from Carole, God Bless you and your family!

JoanieMc said...

Beautiful card!! I love the image and it's beautifully colored. Great design too! Thanks for joining Through the Purple Haze Challenge.

Hugs
Joanie DT

Andrea said...

The colours blend so beautifully together.....Such a lovely card....

Andrea TTPH

Carla Harkies said...

And a pretty card indeed! Great crafting! Thanx for joining us at TTPH challenges. Carla DT

Pamellia Johnson said...

Wow, just gorgeous Leslie! Your lady is so beautiful...wish I had hair like that! I love the background paper, it's such a lovely collage of colours and images! So stunning! :)

Helen said...

Gorgeous card.

Thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart.

Helen x

Pillan said...

Nice card! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges.
/Pillan