** 8/31/14 Top 3 Winner at Fantasy Stampers Challenge Blog! **
Hi everyone! I'm super stoked to be guest designing for Scrapping4funChallenges during late August and early September, and proud to showcase my inspiration project for Challenge #24 - A Technique Challenge. Come play with us! As the theme suggests, this is a technique challenge so we want to see your project created with a specific technique - masking, embossing, watercolor, tearing, weaving, quilling, folding, layering, collage, etc.
I created a masculine birthday card for a co-worker using the watercolor technique for the background... one of my favorite techniques. It's so awesome to be able to create as subtle or as dynamic a background as you want with watercolors. I used eight different colors for this one - ranging from various shades of blue to various shades of green to a tiny hint of purple.
After achieving the desired watercolor effect for the background, I stamped the focal image in blank ink, colored the fish with several gray tone Copics, and added some Glossy Accents to the water ripples for a little dimension. I matted the background on some gorgeous glitter paper.
I stamped the front sentiment in black ink on a hand-cut flag, and adhered it to the front with dimensional foam pads. I also added some sequins to the front for a little sparkle... but not too sparkly for a guy! ;)
I kept the inside fairly simple with a stamped birthday sentiment and a small fisherman in the lower left corner.
I'd love to enter my Fish Story card into the following challenges:
- Pile It On: #33 - By The Sea
- Crafting From The Heart: #32 - Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp Blog: Monday Challenge - Anything Goes
- Clear It Out Challenge Blog: Theme/Anything Goes, Stash/Anything Goes
- Fan-Tastic Tuesday: #49 - Anything Goes
- Crafty Creations Challenges: #270 - Dig Deep, Use Something Old From Your Stash (glitter paper)
- 4 Crafty Chicks Challenge Blog: Let's Get Masculine
- Crafty Girls Challenges: #25 - Anything Goes
- Sister Act Card Challenge: #71 - Always Anything Goes
- Fantasy Stampers Challenge Blog: #17 - By The Sea
- Stamping Sensations: August Challenge - Anything Goes
- GKD Pure Luxury white and charcoal gray cardstock; Ranger watercolor paper; Colorbok Glacier Springs glitter paper
- River City Rubber Works 3 Bass stamp
- GKD Gone Fishing stamp set (front sentiment and small fisherman inside)
- Blockheads Paper Arts Verses-Feel Better stamp set (inside sentiment)
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink
- Copics: C3/5/7, B05
- Glossy Accents
- Nicholson Peerless Watercolors: Turquoise Blue, Butterfly Wing Blue, Alice Blue, Peacock Blue, Robin's Egg Blue, Forget-Me-Not Blue, Cobalt Blue and Amethyst
- Darice 5mm sequins
Hope you've been inspired to create a project using a specific technique to enter in our technique challenge! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)