Monday, July 28, 2014

Soar

Hi everyone! I've popped in today to share an inspirational Lost Coast Designs sample I created for Linda's paper arts show booth. I used the gorgeous Crane with Flowers stamp that I just love. The detail on this stamp is just amazing! Some believe that if you see a crane flying, it may be drawing your eyes to the heavens, lifting your spirits, and inspiring you to trust in the universe. Isn't that awesome?! :)

I kept with a simple black, white and red color scheme. I embossed the black cardstock using the Fibres Background stamp, some Versamark Dazzle and clear embossing powder, then matted it on red cardstock. I stamped the Crane in red chalk ink, fussy cut it, and adhered it to the background. 


I applied a black eyelet on each side of the Crane's wing, threaded red and white Baker's twine through the eyelets, and tied the twine in a bow. I finished the card with four mini Scrabble tiles in the lower right corner.


Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury White and Cherry Red cardstock; Paper and More Black cardstock
  • Lost Coast Designs Fibres Background stamp
  • Versamark Dazzle
  • Ranger clear embossing powder
  • Lost Coast Designs Crane with Flowers stamp
  • VersaMagic Red Magic dew drop ink
  • Mini Scrabble tiles
  • Red & white Baker's twine
  • Black eyelets

Well, that's it from me today. I hope you're having a great week, and don't forget to peruse the Lost Coast Designs online store for some awesome stamps! Thanks so much for stopping by - we'll see you next time!
Hugs,
Leslie

2 comments:

Samantha K said...

Gorgeous, I love how you broke the twine up so his wing isn't covered, looks really effective xx

FeistyCrafter said...

Gorgeous Asian flare in this card! Loving the background you created :o)