My Scrappy Friends

Monday, July 7, 2014

Shop Til You Drop

** 7/9/14 Winner at Word Art Wednesday! **

Good morning, everyone! It's very rare that I don't have my posts done in advance but this long weekend got away from me! I got the challenge blog post done but sure forgot to do mine! I'm super stoked to share my Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog DT inspiration project for LTSCB #33 - Anything Goes! We're being sponsored this time by the wonderful Eureka Stamps and A Day For Daisies! Come play with us! We know you love you some Anything Goes! ;)

I had birthday in mind when I started creating, but this card could really be used for any occasion that deserves a celebration and a chance for a girl to shop! I embellished the front with a Graphics 45 die cut, a yellow skeleton leaf and a flower that matches the letters used on the steps inside.


I absolutely love this design! I bought Silhouette cut files for 4-step, 5-step and 6-step cards a couple weekends ago and had a ball cutting them all out in gorgeous new double-sided papers! And what a snap they are to put together! So much fun!


I chose the gorgeous Fashion Bags digi as the focal image which I colored to match the floral paper. I used some letters from my stash and embellished the "o" with a tiny penny charm! So cute!


I mounted the Fashion Bags image on a black "Almost Leather" die cut matted on gold mirror cardstock. And then I gave her a pretty little gold purse!


I created a flag above and below the diagonal stamped sentiment, and embellished them with some red gumdrops.


I added boot and purse die cuts (thanks to my big sis for these) which I lightly embellished with some clear Wink of Stella for just a little zing!


I'd love to enter this step card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Kaiser Crafts The Looking Glass double-sided paper
  • A Day For Daisies Fashion Bags digital image
  • Copics: YG91/93, BG11, E00, R22/24, Y21, YR04
  • Spellbinders Labels Eighteen die
  • Commotion Almost Leather
  • Marco's Gold Mirror cardstock
  • Inside sentiment from the YNS Shop Til You Drop stamp set
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • YNS red Gumdrops
  • Purse charm; penny charm
  • Yellow letters & flower from stash
  • Boot and purse die cuts
  • Clear Wink of Stella
  • Front sentiment from the Graphic 45 Sweet Sentiments Collection
  • Yellow skeleton leaf
  • Stampendous red Dot Sparklers

Hope you've found a little inspiration to create something for our Anything Goes challenge this week! Be sure to visit Eureka Stamps and A Day For Daisies to check out all their fun stamps! They literally have something for everyone! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

13 comments:

Shuly said...

stunning paper for a stunning card!!! great cheerful contrast and i particularly like your celebrate tag!!!

Emily said...

What a fun card- I just love the little charm embellishments!

Lexie said...

Absolutely beautiful. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx

shampylou30 said...

Beautiful card thanks for joining us at creative moments challenge xxx

Carole Robb Bisson said...

This is a card and a half and your digital image is too cute. We appreciate seeing this inspirational and wonderful card you’ve posted . Thank you and I hope you’ll come back really soon! Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday

Karen Letchworth said...

Thanks for sharing your amazing art with us - it's absolutely awesome. Please check our winners tomorrow, and then play along with us again as well. It's a blessing to have you fellowship and share with us each week.
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Joey said...

Fabulous make, love the paper, thanks for joining us at ditzie. Joey x

Nicole Setter said...

Great card Leslie, it has so many beautiful elements to it. Thanks for joining in at CFTH.
Cheers Nicole

FeistyCrafter said...

You are having way too much fun with your cutter. This card is vibrant with the paper choices. I noticed the shoe cutout too. You did a fabulous job on this card :o)

BrendaB said...

Fabulous card, Leslie! I especially like that little gold purse - what a great touch!

Samantha K said...

Gorgeous, love the step design, so much detail, Thanks for having me as GDT member this month. hugs xx

Erin Stephenson said...

What a lovely creation. Very elegant. Thanks for playing at scribble and scrap. We hope to see you next challenge. Good luck.

Annette Reed said...

So very pretty! Love the DP. The embellies on the side of the steps are perfect for the image.