Tuesday, July 1, 2014

It's the Witching Hour

Well, another week has gone by and I'm back to share a couple Halloween note cards I created with the very cool Lost Coast Designs Silhouette Witch stamp. What an awesome stamp this is! This is another fairly simple and non-dimensional design for Linda's booth. The supply list is minimal - in addition to the stamp, I used a stencil, some inks, cardstock and ribbon. And the technique is fun and easy!


I created the background by spritzing a light layer of Sunflower Sparkle Perfect Pearls mist and water onto my craft mat and swirling a piece of watercolor cardstock in the puddle. After giving that a few minutes to dry, I spritzed some Sunset Orange Adirondack color wash over a clock stencil. While that was drying, I cut a background piece from purple cardstock and matted it on orange cardstock, leaving a very thin border. I printed the 'witching hour' sentiment on vellum, trimmed it and attached it to a length of orange/yellow striped ribbon with a mini stapler. I went back to the stenciled background and stamped the witch silhouette in Eggplant ink and ticket-punched the corners. I affixed the ribbon diagonally in the upper right corner, then attached the entire piece to the card base. That's all there was to it!


Recipe:
  • Hammermill white cardstock; Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock; purple and orange cardstock from stash
  • Lost Coast Designs Silhouette Witch stamp
  • VersaMagic Eggplant dew drop ink
  • Ranger Sunflower Sparkle Perfect Pearls Mist & water
  • The Crafter's Workshop Mini Time Travel stencil
  • Ranger Sunset Orange Adirondack color wash
  • Studios Blackbird ribbon
  • Tim Holtz Idea-ology Mini Attacher
  • Tiny paperclip

Hope you like my Halloween note cards! Be sure to visit the Lost Coast Designs site to check out the awesome array of stamps! Hope you have a great week and thanks so much for stopping by! We'll see you next time!
Hugs,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D