Monday, July 21, 2014

Happy FALL

Hi everyone! I think we've had enough h.o.t. weather here in north Florida. We've had multiple days with temps over 100 degrees and I'm ready for some fall weather! ;) I'm happy to share my Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog DT inspiration project for LTSCB #34 - Scheming Crafters! We're being sponsored this time by the wonderful Stitchy Bear's Digi Outlet and Fred, She Said Designs! Come play with us! We want to see your project created with a specific color scheme in mind. Easy peasy! My Happy FALL card features a "fall season" color scheme with brown, red, orange, yellow and green.

My 5-step card base was created with a Silhouette cut file. I purchased cut files for the 4-step, 5-step and 6-step cards about a month ago and cut all three of them in one weekend. Such a unique design and so much fun! I chose the absolutely gorgeous Fallen Maple Leaf digi from Fred, She Said Designs. I printed six of them, colored them all, and fussy cut them with my Silhouette. These gorgeous papers in fall colors were in one of the new double-sided paper pads I just got.


I've had these green embroidered letters in my stash for years and they were not only the perfect color, but the perfect size for the steps on this card base.


I've also had these large green, red and brown chipboard letters in my stash almost as long as the green embroidered ones, so onto the card base they went! I embellished one of the letters with a fallen maple leaf image and another letter with a metal acorn charm.


I decorated the 'staircase' with a cluster of fallen maple leaves and a metal leaf charm. :)

Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury white cardstock
  • Bo Bunny Autumn Song 12x12 double-sided papers
  • Fred, She Said Fallen Maple Leaf digital image
  • Copics: E39, YG67, YR18, R27, Y15
  • Clear Wink of Stella
  • Green emboidered letters and large chipboard letters from stash
  • YNS gold Gumdrops
  • Embellish It acorn and leaf charms from boutique Trims

I hope you've found a little inspiration to create a specific color-schemed project for our challenge this time! This one is a lot of fun! And be sure to check out all the fun digis in the Stitchy Bear's Digi Outlet and Fred, She Said Designs shops! There's definitely something for everybody! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time!
Hugs,
Leslie

10 comments:

Shuly said...

hahaha longing for some cooler wheather?yes i guess summer must be warm in florida!!
your card is such a gorgeous fall card, fantastic papers fabulous letters (love the big size!), beautiful leaves...with this card we all find ourselves longing for beautiful fall!!

Anna Rogalska said...

Absolutely beautiful, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

Ros Crawford said...

What a terrific card! So very lovely!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Laurian said...

Wow, what a fantastic card!
Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty and I hope you join us again soon!

Hugz

Laurian

mags said...

A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges and good luck.
Mags
x

Joann Burton said...

Leslie this is just awesome. So sorry I have been away so long. I have not tried this type of design but yours is just fabulous. Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

Annette Reed said...

Beautiful job! I love step cards. One of these days maybe I will have time to learn how to do them. The leaves look great and everything coordinates perfectly. Love it!

Emily said...

So pretty, I love fall colors!

Michelle said...

I love this Fall (Autumn for us lol) creation and I mentioned on the blog how I think this is fantastic. So just thought I would say it here too - I love it - Michelle x

FeistyCrafter said...

Fall is my favorite season! Great fall colors, love the leaves, great details. I haven't tried one of these cards yet, but it looks like a lot of work. Amazing work!