Monday, July 21, 2014

Color Block Faces Note Cards

Hi everyone! I've popped in today to share a set of four note cards I created for Linda with Lost Coast Designs. OMG, this was the most fun technique... stamping on photo paper with distress ink on an acrylic block. Super easy, yielding a most awesome result! ;) I've seen many tutorials on this technique over the last week or so, so I cannot credit just one of them. I have tried stamping with ink on an acrylic block several times over the years and have never been successful. The secret, as I learned recently, is to use photo paper! And don't use the thin stuff... use thicker good quality paper for the best results. These are gorgeous in real life and my photos don't do them justice. Trying to photograph glossy photo paper is very tricky so I only had one light on in my photo box.

I inked up my acrylic block using four different colors of Ranger distress inks, spritzed it with water in a mini mister, and "stamped" the block onto 4x6 sheets of Epson photo paper. They dried rather quickly, and then I stamped the faces in Memento Tuxedo Black, trimmed them, and matted them on black cardstock. I adhered the stamped pieces onto a plain white card base, and voila! Instant striking note cards! Love how these turned out! :)


And here they are individually... Face with Clock ...


... Face with Spiral ...


... Face with Feathers ...


and ... Face with Heart ...


Aren't these just the coolest?! As I said, these are for Linda's paper arts show booth, but I think I'm gonna have to make myself a set. ;) Or two. And maybe some for gifts. Hmmmm...

Recipe:

I do hope you're inspired to try stamping with an acrylic block on photo paper. I bet you'll be hooked! Stay tuned because you know I'm not through yet! ;) And do be sure to check the wonderful array of awesome rubber stamps in the Lost Coast Designs online store! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time!
Hugs,
Leslie

2 comments:

  1. fantastic cards, i think the stamp company would be proud to see your creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a very interesting technique and the note cards look very trendy - the colours are really nice - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D