My Scrappy Friends

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Best Wishes

Hi everyone! I'm super stoked to share another Lost Coast Designs DT inspiration project for Challenge #2 - Use Only Blue and Green. If you have any Lost Coast Designs stamps, you really need to come play with us! Blue and green makes an awesome color combo and is one my all-time favorites! And you could be the next proud winner of a $10 gift certificate to the Lost Coast Designs online store! What are you waiting for?!

My sister had given me several tall kraft cards with envelopes a while back, so I used one of them for this card. The inked background is a kraft bookmark. I have to say that creating a background is most times as much fun (or more fun) than creating the card itself. Judging by the amount of ink I had on my fingers, most would agree that I had lots of fun creating this one!

Using the DTP technique, I applied VersaMagic Night Sky and Aloe Vera inks, along with some Memento Summer Sky ink, in random fashion, covering the kraft bookmark. I stamped the Lost Coast Designs Cheesecloth Background in Memento Espresso Truffle ink over top the blue and green inks. I then stamped the Lost Coast Designs Corner Swirl in Memento Danube Blue ink in random fashion over top the inks and the background stamp.


Again using the DTP technique, I pressed a Memories Metallic Green cube ink pad down the center of the background piece to create diamond shapes, going off each end. I used a Liquid Gold paint pen to apply tiny dots around each diamond. I just got a package of the coolest little embellishments called Candi Minis at StampFest in Orlando and hadn't used them yet, so I opened the package and applied some green and blue ones to the centers of the diamond shapes. They look so neat!


I matted a large piece of blue cardstock and the inked piece on gold metallic cardstock. I adhered the inked background piece onto the matted blue cardstock, and then wrapped some green twine around the lower portion of the matted blue cardstock. I embossed the Best Wishes sentiment from Lost Coast Designs Party Words in gold and cut it with a SB die, then affixed it over top of the twine. I then adhered the entire unit to the kraft card base.


For the inside, I adhered a long strip of the blue cardstock onto a slightly wider strip of the Metallic Gold cardstock, and adhered them to the left side along with two green Candi Minis. I stamped the vertical birthday sentiment (also from Lost Coast Designs Party Words) just to the right of the decorative strip. You can just barely see it, but I covered the flap of the envelope with a piece of the blue cardstock so it matches the card.


I would love to enter this birthday card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • 8.5" x 3.5" kraft card with envelope
  • Canvas Corp 6" x 2" kraft bookmark
  • Marco's Venicelux Gold Metallic cardstock; royal blue cardstock from stash
  • Lost Coast Designs Cheesecloth Background stamp
  • Lost Coast Designs Corner Swirl stamp
  • VersaMagic Night Sky andAloe Vera inks
  • Memento Summer Sky ink
  • Memento Espresso Truffle ink
  • Memento Danube Blue ink
  • Memories Metallic Green ink
  • Lost Coast Designs Party Words
  • Versamark
  • Ranger Super Fine Gold embossing powder
  • Studios Blackbird green twine
  • Candi Minis

I hope you've enjoyed seeing this project as much as I enjoyed creating it! I had such a good time! And of course, it helps to have some of the most awesome stamps around... from Lost Coast Designs! Be sure to check them out! Thanks so much for stopping by - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

14 comments:

Susan Hogan said...

Great description of the make and I love the colours together too. Those candi's look scrumptious and the whole is super elegant. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies.

rachel taylor said...

lovely card thanks for sharing with FTT this week Rachel dt

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Awesome Leslie! Love the design and you did an amazing job with this technique ... so cool!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘BIRTHDAY’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Michelle said...

I love this card. Very unique technique. Thank You for sharing with us at Incy Wincy Designs.

Michelle (DT)

Loll Thompson said...

Gorgeous design ... love all the layers to create that fabulous background. Thanks for joining us at ATS&M.

JayBe said...

A fab inky design, Leslie - thanx for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers.
Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

Charlotte said...

This is such a lovely and elegant card. Such a pleasure to look at and the instructions are just plain awesome!!!!!

Lee-Anne said...

Stunning mix of color and texture...simply beautiful! So happy you joined us at ATSM!

Katie Melhus said...

Love the rich jewel tones mixed with gold on this - Thanks for playing along with us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

Laura W said...

Cool, love the technique! Fab colours too. Thanks for joining us at Melonheadz Friends-see you Monday for a new challenge!

happyglitzygirl said...

Nice to see a long card, love it , great colours, thanks for playing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies, blessings Hilde

Sammy said...

This is very lovely. Gorgeous colours. Thank you for joining in at Crafting with Dragonflies.
Sammy-x

monikaskinner said...

Love your BG. Great blending and stamping. Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week. Monika

Deanne Clarke-Saunders said...

It's gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for participating in our MELONHEADZ FRIENDS challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper