My sister had given me several tall kraft cards with envelopes a while back, so I used one of them for this card. The inked background is a kraft bookmark. I have to say that creating a background is most times as much fun (or more fun) than creating the card itself. Judging by the amount of ink I had on my fingers, most would agree that I had lots of fun creating this one!
Using the DTP technique, I applied VersaMagic Night Sky and Aloe Vera inks, along with some Memento Summer Sky ink, in random fashion, covering the kraft bookmark. I stamped the Lost Coast Designs Cheesecloth Background in Memento Espresso Truffle ink over top the blue and green inks. I then stamped the Lost Coast Designs Corner Swirl in Memento Danube Blue ink in random fashion over top the inks and the background stamp.
Again using the DTP technique, I pressed a Memories Metallic Green cube ink pad down the center of the background piece to create diamond shapes, going off each end. I used a Liquid Gold paint pen to apply tiny dots around each diamond. I just got a package of the coolest little embellishments called Candi Minis at StampFest in Orlando and hadn't used them yet, so I opened the package and applied some green and blue ones to the centers of the diamond shapes. They look so neat!
I matted a large piece of blue cardstock and the inked piece on gold metallic cardstock. I adhered the inked background piece onto the matted blue cardstock, and then wrapped some green twine around the lower portion of the matted blue cardstock. I embossed the Best Wishes sentiment from Lost Coast Designs Party Words in gold and cut it with a SB die, then affixed it over top of the twine. I then adhered the entire unit to the kraft card base.
For the inside, I adhered a long strip of the blue cardstock onto a slightly wider strip of the Metallic Gold cardstock, and adhered them to the left side along with two green Candi Minis. I stamped the vertical birthday sentiment (also from Lost Coast Designs Party Words) just to the right of the decorative strip. You can just barely see it, but I covered the flap of the envelope with a piece of the blue cardstock so it matches the card.
I would love to enter this birthday card into the following challenges:
- Glitter n Sparkle: #93 - Anything Goes
- Crafting From The Heart: #27 - Anything Goes
- Incy Wincy Designs Challenge: Strings and Things
- Melonheadz Friends: Tag or Bookmark Challenge
- Clear It Out Challenge Blog: KISS (Keep It Simple Silly... no more than 2 layers)
- Fan-Tastic Tuesday: #44 - Anything Goes
- Addicted To Stamps Challenge Blog: #104 - CAS
- Crafting With Dragonflies Challenge Blog: #30 - CAS Card
- The Sisterhood of Crafters: Birthday
- Fantasy Stampers Challenge Blog: #14 - Clean & Simple
- 8.5" x 3.5" kraft card with envelope
- Canvas Corp 6" x 2" kraft bookmark
- Marco's Venicelux Gold Metallic cardstock; royal blue cardstock from stash
- Lost Coast Designs Cheesecloth Background stamp
- Lost Coast Designs Corner Swirl stamp
- VersaMagic Night Sky andAloe Vera inks
- Memento Summer Sky ink
- Memento Espresso Truffle ink
- Memento Danube Blue ink
- Memories Metallic Green ink
- Lost Coast Designs Party Words
- Ranger Super Fine Gold embossing powder
- Studios Blackbird green twine
- Candi Minis
I hope you've enjoyed seeing this project as much as I enjoyed creating it! I had such a good time! And of course, it helps to have some of the most awesome stamps around... from Lost Coast Designs! Be sure to check them out! Thanks so much for stopping by - we'll see you next time! ;)