My Scrappy Friends

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Backpack Mini Album

** 7/26/14 Top 3 Favorite at Shopping Our Stash! **
** 7/28/14 Featured Creation at Scrapping4FunChallenges! **

Hi everyone! I've been on vacation this week and have spent a good bit of time in the scrap room! And yes, I've had some inky fingers! Oh, I know, how horrible is that?! I'm chomping at the bit to share this adorable little Backpack Mini Album I created for my desk at work. I printed a number of photos to put in it but couldn't wait to share, so you'll just have to see it without the photos. It's just so stinkin' cute! :) The tutorial credit goes to the Technique Junkie's Mini Album Mania CD - it's amazing! So many fun projects!

I used some GKD limited edition Wild Orchid cardstock that I got several months ago and have been hoarding, I mean saving, for just the right project! It looks pretty awesome with the K & Co. Jubilee double-sided paper - the colors are almost an exact match.


The little pocket on the front is actually a double pocket and there is a little tag in each one! I haven't decided if I'm going to journal on them or use them for a few additional photos. Hmmmm...


And the back has little straps made of GKD ivory double-stitched ribbon.


Here's a view from the other side.


And here are the inside pages... 10 to be exact... just begging to be filled with little photos of the fam!


And last but not least, a couple close-ups showing the background stamping with the small flower stamp from the GKD Warm Spring Wishes stamp set. I used Ranger Weathered Wood distress ink on the GKD Charcoal Brown cardstock to achieve a watermark-like background so as not to detract from the vibrant patterned paper. I also used a tiny eraser to stamp little dots.



I'd love to enter this mini album into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • GKD Wild Orchid, Charcoal Brown and Ivory cardstock
  • K & Co. Jubilee and Que Sera Sera double-sided papers
  • GKD Warm Spring Wishes stamp set
  • Ranger Weathered Wood distress ink
  • GKD ivory double-stitched ribbon
  • GKD brads
  • Eyelets from stash

OMG, this was so much fun and I can definitely see more of them in my future! Wouldn't they make awesome little gifts?! Stay tuned for another fun project I'll be posting shortly. Thanks so much for stopping by - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

9 comments:

Donna said...

WOW!!1 That backpack mini album is ALL kinds of awesome!! Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for the "Can't Put It Down" challenge!
PS - I love that your cat's name is Poopie :)

FeistyCrafter said...

This is "stinkin cute"! You gave been busy in your craft room. Fabulous idea to carry grand kids pics in and maybe some happy friend pics ;o)

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Awesome creation, love all the detail and the colors!
Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
Rachelle DT
http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

Sandra Schabel said...

Wow, stunning creation!
Thanks so much for joining us at Scrapping4Fun Challenge. Hope we see you again.
Sandra DT

Angie C. D. said...

Simply FABULOUS. I love this mini album! I love the colors and how you added straps with ribbon and eyelets. Great project all around. Thanks for coming back to Scrapping 4 Fun Challenges. :D

Leslie Hanna said...

This is SO cool! What a fun project!!! And I'm quite jealous you matched purples, a skill I do not have.

Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Nicole Setter said...

So clever Leslie, I love it. Thanks for sharing at Penny's this week.
Cheers Nicole

Helen said...

Love this - a really clever construction and a lovely project.

Thanks for joining us at Penny's.

Helen x

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Hi Leslie, please follow this link
http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.ch/2014/07/winner-and-featured-creations.html
Rachelle DT
http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com