Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Vintage Girl Note Cards

Happy Tuesday! I've stopped in today to share a pair of Vintage Girl Note Cards I created with the awesome Lost Coast Designs 50s Girl stamp. I l.o.v.e. this stamp! I kept the overall design fairly simple and non-dimensional, as Linda will display one of them in her paper arts show booth. I also thought the neutral colors worked well with the vintage theme.


I created the background by first spritzing Sunflower Sparkle Perfect Pearls mist and water onto my craft mat and swirling a piece of watercolor cardstock in the puddle. When that was dry, I sprayed some Terra Cotta walnut ink on my craft mat and skated the debossed side of the Harlequin embossing folder through it, and embossed the background piece. I then matted that on chocolate brown cardstock.

I cut two decorative edged rectangles with my Silhouette, layered them in a staggered fashion, then stamped the vintage gal on the top layer. I adhered the layered stamped piece to the embossed background, added some burnt orange wrinkled ribbon and bow, then adhered the unit to a card base. I finished it off with a vintage bottle cap.


Recipe:
  • Hammermill white cardstock; GKD chocolate brown cardstock; Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock; mustard and clay cardstock from stash
  • Lost Coast Designs 50s Girl stamp
  • Memento Rich Cocoa ink
  • Tim Holtz Harlequin embossing folder
  • Sunflower Sparkle Perfect Pearls Mist & water
  • Tsukineko Terra Cotta walnut ink
  • Prairie Bird Boutique wrinkled ribbon
  • Vintage bottle cap

Well, that's it from me today. Be sure to visit the Lost Coast Designs site to check out the wonderful variety of stamps! Hope you have a great week and thanks so much for stopping by! We'll see you next time!
Hugs,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D