Sunday, June 15, 2014

Vintage Baby Buggy

** 6/21/14 Top 3 Favorite at Shopping Our Stash! **

Hi everyone! I sat last evening with the hubster watching a movie and created the cutest vintage baby buggy for a co-worker who is expecting a little girl in September. My inspiration came from a couple of them I saw on Pinterest a while back but there were no instructions or templates, so I made my own a couple weekends ago, and now I can't find it in my messy scrap room. :( Needless to say, when I discovered the tutorial for this one on my Technique Junkies Great Gifts CD yesterday, I was ecstatic! It's actually quite similar but it was nice to have specific measurements and not have to guess! ;)


I found this pink ruffled lace and I do believe it wins the prize for the oldest "anything" I have in my stash... the package had 1980 on it! But it's still sturdy and strong! OMG, do you believe it?! I almost fell over! Hahaha!


I just bought several new double-sided paper packs and this gorgeous vintage floral design was in one of them. I think it works very well for this project!


I knew I was going to need quite a few tiny gemstones, so I used a package of loose clear ones without the adhesive backing. It took a few minutes (or fifteen) to glue all those little buggers on! It definitely has bling! ;)


Proud to enter my vintage baby buggy into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Kaisercrafts Key To My Heart double-sided papers
  • GKD Cranberry Tart cardstock
  • EK Success Paper Shapers Circle and Scalloped Circle punches
  • Pink ruffled lace
  • Tiny clear gemstones 
  • Large white flat-back pearls
  • Pink felt brads

I have to admit that I haven't had much stamping/cardmaking mojo over the last several weeks. It's been a couple years since I've had this kind of dry spell, so I guess it was just time. I think most artists experience this from time to time, so I can't beat myself up over it. I'm filling in the gaps with 3-D projects that always give me my craft fix! I've been playing with some pretty awesome Silhouette cut files too, so stay tuned for some very cool purses I've created! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

17 comments:

Zoe said...

Wow! Fabulous vintage baby pram, thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh! how totally ADORABLE is this?! wow! what a great creation! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week! ♥

Sari said...

So sweet and beautiful! Thank you for joining Crafting From the Hearth, good luck.

Sandie said...

This is just so sweet, lovely papers too...
Thank you for joining in with our challenge over at Rhedd & Rosies...x

Leslie Hanna said...

WOW! This is fabulous!!! Your co-worker will LOVE it! And BONUS that the double-sided paper makes the inside pretty, too! I might need more !!!!!s. HA!

Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Melissa Latchem said...

oh for an older girl you could fill it with sweets! simply delightful! Many thanks for joining the Rhedd and Rosie’s challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

Donna said...

Absoloutely gorgeous!! I think you win the prize for oldest stash item :)
Thanks for playing along with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH for the "Something Soft" challenge this week!

FeistyCrafter said...

This is cute!! You are very talented and such a hoarder! (sshhh, so I am. only with crafty things)

Leanne said...

Fantabuolous! Love the colors and that paper is awesome for this project. Great job, and it makes me laugh on the age of the stash...I like hearing things like that, I don't feel bad, when I keep things and use and they are old. Awesomeness. Nice job with the bling, sure makes it pretty and pop. Thanks for playing our Baby Challenge! Awesome!

Leanne DT@4CC!

Kitt said...

Very cute. Thanks for sharing with us at Craftitude Challenges. Good Luck.

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant creation and thanks for joining in our challenge at CFAS
{Crafting for all Seasons DT member aNNie}

Jacqui Robinson said...

What a scream lol you've definitely got hoarder syndrome lol. You're creation is amazing and worth all the hassle of putting on gems. Jacqui DT Craftitude

Lexie said...

Another cute project! Thank god I'm too old to feel broody! Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx

haththi said...

Lovely project! Thanks for joining us this time at 4 Krafty Girlz - good luck!

Granmargaret said...

Lovely project. Thank you for joining the challenge at Craftitude

kanda said...

This is really fabulous and I love the lace trimming. Thanks for joining us at the PCJ challenge xx

Shuly said...

WAAAAAAA!!!!! SUPERB!!!!