I chose the awesome DRS Designs Funky Birthday and Happy Moments Happy Days greeting to create this birthday card. The only embellishments I added on the front were a bow fashioned from dotted organza ribbon and some bling in all four corners.
I've been playing with some Silhouette cut files and found this four-flap nesting window card with a bracket cut-out that I fell in love with! What fun! I just bought several double-sided paper pads and I thought this print was perfect for this project! The colors are amazing!
Here are shots showing the sequence of flaps opening to reveal the birthday greeting shown through the cut-outs.
There is actually a little element of surprise here... the birthday greeting is a pull-out! ;)
And here is the inside sentiment which I die cut and inked.
I'd love to enter my Funky Birthday card into the following challenges:
- Craft Your Passion Challenges: #218 - 3 or More Embellishments
- Crafting From The Heart: #23 - Anything Goes
- Incy Wincy: Bright Funky Colors
- Crafty Creations Challenges: #265 - Tic Tac Toe (Flowers/Ribbon/Digital Image)
- Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog: #181 - Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday: #136 - Anything Goes
- Crafty Girls Challenges: #20- Anything Goes
- Crafty Ribbons Challenge: #93 - Anything Goes With Ribbon
- Paper Crafting Journey: Anything Goes
- QKR Stampede: #92 - Anything Goes
- Sister Act Card Challenge: #61 - Anything Goes
- K & Co. Que Sera Sera double-sided designer paper pad
- Four-flap nesting window card with a bracket cut-out Silhouette cut file
- DRS Designs Funky Birthday and Happy Moments Happy Days greeting stamps
- Marco's White Antique Linen cardstock
- Spellbinders Labels Twelve die
- Memento Bambo Leaves and Pear Tart ink
- Copic: YG63
- Green gemstones
- Green/white dotted ribbon
I sure hope you've found a little inspiration to create a holey project for our challenge this time! ;) Remember, the hole(s) can be punched, die cut or hand cut... whatever suits your fancy! And be sure to visit DRS Designs to look at the tons of stamps they have! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)