Sunday, May 4, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

** 5/7/14 Top 3 Favorite at Stampotique Designers Challenge! **
** 5/9/14 Top 5 Pick at QKR Stampede! **
** 5/11/14 Winner at Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog! **
** 5/17/14 Top 3 Pick at The Squirrel and The Fox! **

Hi everyone! I've been busy this weekend in the scrap room and got quite a few things accomplished - I created several Mother's Day cards and a wedding card for co-workers, AND I taught myself how to create Silhouette cut files from stamped images. SCORE! Woo-hoo! ;)

I'm sure you've noticed these cute little pop-up box cards are the latest rage in blogland and I just love them! So much fun! I made my first one back in mid-January with a shopping theme as a DT inspiration project after having received the tutorial in a newsletter from Splitcoast Stampers. I was hooked and created my second one about a month ago with a gardening theme as a birthday card for a sweet lady turning 80 years young which doubled as a guest DT inspiration project.

I just couldn't help myself... I created four more, all for Mother's Day, in blue, purple, peach and yellow/green. This blue one is for my daughter. I used flower stamps from several Gina K Designs stamp sets. Lots of stamping and super inky fingers! But definitely worth it... my daughter is going to love it!


I cut the sentiment with a SB die and matted it on a pretty lacey square die cut, then embellished it with a bow.


Here are several more views so you can see the other colors and variety of stamped flowers.



Proud to enter this Mother's Day card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • DCWV blue textured cardstock and blue shimmer cardstock; GKD pure luxury white cardstock
  • Papermania Vintage Notes 6x6 linen papers
  • GKD Spring Blessings stamp set
  • GKD Flowers Bloom stamp set
  • Copics: R22/32, Y15/17, YG63/67, BV11/13, B91/95
  • Memento Tuxedo Black, Bamboo Leaves, Danube Blue Grape Jelly, Rhubarb Stalk, Summer Sky dew drop Love Letter dew drop and Tangelo dew drop inks
  • Sentiment from Our Craft Lounge Vintage Roses stamp set
  • Spellbinders Classic Squares and Lacey Squares dies
  • Studios Blackbird ribbon
  • White flat-back pearls

Oh, and while I'm at it, here are the other three - in purple, peach and yellow/green. ;)

 
 


I'll be back in a day or two to post the wedding card I made this weekend. I also have some fun little purses that I've made recently that I'd like to share, so stay tuned! ;) Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time!
Hugs,
Leslie

26 comments:

  1. gosh what beautiful boxes, they will be loved, thank you for joining our challenge at Crafty Catz
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how delicate the blooms are. Such pretty cards, I'm sure the recipients will adore them. Thanks for joining us this month at STAMPlorations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful. They look like a lot of work. You've been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These little pop up boxes are so sweet, I love all of yours. They look totally different with the colours and papers. Beautiful 'cards'.

    Thank you so much for joining in at the OSAAT Challenge this week, lots of luck to you.

    Hugs Sue Pxxx DT member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Beautiful! Awesome! Lovely Pop Up Box. Love everything about it. Thanks for joining Challenges 4 Everybody.

    Hugs
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are absolutely amazing, Leslie!! I know this took a lot of time on your part, but so very worth it! You were certainly thinking outside of the box on the challenge! Such a creative and colorful design! A one-of-a-kind Mother's Day greeting, for sure! Thanks for participating in the Stampotique Designers' Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These boxes are all just gorgeous! What a wonderful way to celebrate Mother's Day! Love all the beautiful flowers! Thanks so much for joining us this week at QKR Stampede!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow how beautiful these are. Better than a bouquet, because this can last forever. Thanks for joining us this week for our "Mother's Day Challenge." Come back to join us again and good luck.
    Karal QKR Stampede DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great image & sentiment.

    Thanks for joining us at hobbybook designers

    Tracey dt

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great creation for our challenge Julie, thanks so much for sharing your lovely work with us at Stamping Sensations More challenge.

    B x (My Grand Calibur candy is still running here)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Apologies, I think I may have called you Julie in my comment, sorry Leslie.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all stunning! I love the look of these cards but have only made one. Thanks for sharing at Charisma Cardz this week!
    Tina - DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful box card with beautifully colored flowers. Thank you for joining us this month at Bearly-Mine Designs "Flowers" challenge and good luck in the draw. Hope we see you again!
    Hugs,
    Simona (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful. Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful Mothers Day card, love these box cards. Thnks for joining u at Robyn's Fetish Challenge this week

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats, Leslie, for being selected as Stampotique Design Team Favorite this week! Well deserved in my book, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, you've been busy. Love the delicate flowers in their pop out boxes. Thanks for joining us again this month at STAMPlorations. Good Luck! Monika DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are so lovely and something I must try. Thank you for joining us in the OSAAT challenge this week and I wish you luck. Christine

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely and elegant boxes, love all these flowers, it looks amazing! Thank you for joining our challenge at Crafty Catz and we would love to see you again.
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. You did a lovely job on those box cards! Thanks for joining us this week at the Sister Act Card Challenge! Hope to see you again next week! Sheena B

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fab pop up card, love the colours. Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz for our Mothers Day challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a lovely Box Card you have made and the flowers are gorgeous.

    Thank you for sharing it with us at Dream Valley Challenges, the best of luck.

    Anne-Marie x x

    ReplyDelete
  23. All four are really beautiful and I love how you've done them in different colours.

    Thanks for taking part in Natalie and Amy's challenge this month!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous... so so pretty, love these.. how clever are you ? :) Thank you for sharing with us at BearlyMine this time, good luck,hugs Jackie DT.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Blogger playing up, ... grr... Totally fabulous boxes, love then. very clever. Thank you for sharing with us at BearlyMine this time, good luck,hugs Jackie DT.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your flower pop-up cards. They are so pretty. Thank you so much for joining us at Bearly Mine Challenge Flowers. Hope to see you again soon.

    Hugs and good luck,
    Natascha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D