Thursday, April 24, 2014

With Sympathy

Hello, my crafty friends! Hope you're having a great week. They seem to be going by faster and faster - this month has literally flown by. My guest designer gig for 4 Crafty Chicks is quickly coming to an end. What fun this has been, and I thank Lori, Leanne, Tamie and Tina for this opportunity! My inspiration project for 4CC #191 - Embossing is a sympathy card that I created with one of the gorgeous GKD February new release stamp sets.

I created a dry embossed sweet mango background with two different embossing folders and matted it on navy cardstock for some good contrast. The navy ribbon and bow accented this very nicely.


I used soft muted water colors for the iris (created with Memento inks and a Niji waterbrush), along with red gumdrops to bring out the bold color I chose for the center of the flower, and added a pretty white pearl flourish.


Here's a peek at the inside. What a beautiful sentiment!


Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury white, sweet mango and navy cardstock
  • GKD Stately Flowers 8 stamp set
  • GKD Sympathy Duo stamp set
  • Memento Danube Blue, Morocco, Lady Bug, Bamboo Leaves and Tuxedo Black ink
  • Niji waterbrush
  • Copic: R24
  • Cuttlebug Swiss Dots and Tim Holtz Texture Fades Stripes embossing folders
  • Spellbinders Fancy Framed Tags One
  • Studios Blackbird ribbon
  • YNS red gumdrops
  • Want2Scrap white pearl swirl

Well, that's it from me today - I do hope you're inspired to play in our embossing challenge this week! Whether you dry emboss or use heat, it's super easy and lots of fun! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time!
Hugs,
Leslie

3 comments:

Leanne said...

Super awesome,love that flower and the bow/ribbon adds a nice touch. Awesome having you with us this month! Keep getting that craft groove on my friend...awesome job!

Tina Henderson said...

This is just beautiful! I love that flower and your embossing! Thank you for joining this month at 4 Crafty Chicks! We have so enjoyed all of your wonderful creations! You Rock!
Tina

Tamie said...

Hey Leslie! I can't believe your gig is up already. So there with you as to where time has gone. You have shared some amazing inspiration with us these past few weeks and this new creation is spectacular! I love how you used the two embossing folders. The texture just add to the pop of your gorgeous image. Please don't be a stranger...we will always love to see you yummy goodness of creations.

Hugs and thank you
Tamie