Sunday, April 6, 2014

Congratulations on your new home

Well, I treated myself to a little more time in the scrap room this evening and created another couple cards. For this new home card, I created a DIY background with two colors of alcohol ink, mixative gold and blending solution. I used stamps from both of the stamp sets contained in the awesome new GKD Shabby Spring StampTV kit. I followed a sketch which also required using the colors peony pink, blush and tangerine. I'm known for modifying sketches (I'm a rebel like that), plus I added cranberry and gold. I really, really like how this turned out! ;)


This was a very easy background - all I did was drop the alcohol inks and mixative gold onto watercolor cardstock from about 12 inches, then add blending solution until I got the colors I wanted - graduating from darker at the top to lighter at the bottom. Then I hit it with the heat tool for a minute or two to set the ink (and help dry it), trim it and mat it. 

I created a double-layer scalloped border, added some lace, bling, ribbon and a ribbon slide, then stamped the two bird cages onto the background.


I then stamped the sentiment on a stitched flag die cut and adhered it, along with some flat-back pearls, in the lower right corner.


I stamped a simple sentiment on the inside.


I'd love to enter this card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury white and cranberry tart cardstock; Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock
  • GKD Warm Spring Wishes stamp set (bird houses and front sentiment)
  • GKD Spring Blessings stamp set (inside sentiment)
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • Ranger Adirondack alcohol inks: Cranberry, Sunset Orange, and Mixative Gold (and blending solution)
  • Memory Box Pearl Lace die
  • Lil Inker Designs Stitched Sentiment Flag die
  • Craftime Enchanted cotton lace
  • Tangerine organza ribbon and gemstones
  • Pewter ribbon slide

Thanks so much for stopping by! Stay tuned for one more DIY background project! I really should be in bed but I'm too wound up to sleep! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

9 comments:

Laura Davis said...

Leslie,
This card is beautiful, I love how you turned the sketch on its side and decorated the inside too, lovely work!
Thanks for playing with us at Poppy sketches!
Laura

Laura Davis said...

Leslie,
This card is beautiful, I love how you turned the sketch on it's side and decorated the inside too. Lovely work!
Thanks for playing at Poppy Sketches!
Laura

Lori said...

Gorgeous! Love the background panel you created. Thanks for joining us at Poppy Sketches!

Lee said...

You created a stunner my friend!! Love the background paper....and the flipped sketch looks soooo pretty!! Thanks for playing with us at Mod Squad and Poppy Sketches!

Renee' Morris-Dezember said...

Thanks for playing along...loving how you flipped it :)

Lisa Petrella said...

Beautiful creation! Love those birdcage images and how you rotated the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Poppy Sketches!!!

Debbie said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at AGOAC. x

~amy~ said...

Gorgeous background!
Thanks so much for playing with us at Poppy Sketches!

Chris Warner said...

A fab card! Thank you for adding your inspiration to our challenge this month at Country View Challenges. Chris xxx