Sunday, April 6, 2014

Birthday Blessings

**  4/7/14 Winner at Eureka Stamps! **

Hi everyone! The weather has been absolutely gorgeous in north Florida and the hubster is outside grilling some chicken wings. I'm back with my final project this weekend - one more card using stamps contained in the awesome GKD Shabby Spring StampTV kit. You know, I've had this kit for about two weeks and haven't been able to play, so I made sure I found some time to create a couple projects with it this weekend. ;)

This birthday card also has a DIY background - large and small leaf sprigs stamped in distress ink. I purposely didn't wash the leaf sprig stamps prior to using because I didn't want the ink to grab. What usually happens to me when I don't wash stamps prior to use is the ink beads up in spots and is sparse in other spots, and that's what I wanted this time. It turned out nice!


I stamped the flowers on 35-lb vellum and embossed in gold, colored and matted it and the background piece on bubble gum pink cardstock. I added some gorgeous ivory organdy ribbon along with a triple-loop bow. To finish, I stamped and embossed a small butterfly on a Vintage Cuts die cut from the kit and positioned it like it was coming in for a landing on the flower!


I kept the inside simple with a stamped birthday sentiment.


Proud to enter this birthday card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury Ivory and Bubble Gum Pink cardstock
  • 35-lb vellum
  • GKD Spring Blessings stamp set
  • GKD Warm Spring Wishes stamp set
  • Versamark
  • Ranger extra fine detail gold embossing powder
  • Antique Linen distress ink
  • Copics: R81/83, YG63/67
  • VersaColor Opera Pink ink
  • GKD Vintage Cuts (small butterfly)
  • GKD ivory organdy ribbon, 3/8" and 5/8"
  • Champagne flat-back pearls

Well, that's it from me this weekend. I've got another load of laundry to finish, then I'll be kicking back for the evening! Thanks so much for stopping by - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

6 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so pretty, I love it. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Marcy said...

What a beautiful and elegant card! Thanks so much for joining our challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps! :)

Anna Rogalska said...

This is so beautiful ! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

Ros Crawford said...

Such a lovely card ... Beautifully done ... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Charlene said...

So adorable! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Jenny L said...

Hi,
what a really great card for the Throwback Thursday.
Wonderful design.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.