I created a dry embossed sweet mango background with two different embossing folders and matted it on navy cardstock for some good contrast. The navy ribbon and bow accented this very nicely.
I used soft muted water colors for the iris (created with Memento inks and a Niji waterbrush), along with red gumdrops to bring out the bold color I chose for the center of the flower, and added a pretty white pearl flourish.
Here's a peek at the inside. What a beautiful sentiment!
- GKD Pure Luxury white, sweet mango and navy cardstock
- GKD Stately Flowers 8 stamp set
- GKD Sympathy Duo stamp set
- Memento Danube Blue, Morocco, Lady Bug, Bamboo Leaves and Tuxedo Black ink
- Niji waterbrush
- Copic: R24
- Cuttlebug Swiss Dots and Tim Holtz Texture Fades Stripes embossing folders
- Spellbinders Fancy Framed Tags One
- Studios Blackbird ribbon
- YNS red gumdrops
- Want2Scrap white pearl swirl
Well, that's it from me today - I do hope you're inspired to play in our embossing challenge this week! Whether you dry emboss or use heat, it's super easy and lots of fun! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time!