Monday, March 17, 2014

You color my world

Hi everyone! I'm back this morning to share my Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog DT inspiration project for LTSCB #26 - Buttons and Bows! Come play with us! We want to see your projects created with buttons AND bows! We're being sponsored by Stitchy Bear's Digi Outlet and Fresh Squeezed Stamps! We're lovin' the 'two sponsors / two prizes' thing! ;)

I used the Fresh Squeezed Stamps Happy Hexagons stamp set for my birthday card. This is my first Washi tape project - I have quite a few rolls of it and have never used any... why, I don't know! So when I saw this stamp set, I knew it had to go with some Washi tape and bright colors!


I matched the colors of the Copic markers with the colors of the Washi Tape, and of course the buttons had to match, along with the tiny bows! Lovin' the bright birthday colors!


I decorated the inside with two colors of the Washi Tape matted on black cardstock, along with the happy birthday sentiment.


I'd love to enter my birthday card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Hammermill white cardstock; Paper and More black cardstock; Marco's Antique Linen white cardstock
  • Fresh Squeezed Stamps Happy Hexagons stamp set
  • Copics: R27/85, V17, YR15
  • Pink, red, purple and orange Washi tape
  • Pink, red, purple and orange buttons
  • Mei Flower bows

I hope you're inspired to create a project with buttons and bows for our challenge! To jump-start your mojo, be sure to check out all the great digital images at Stitchy Bear's Digi Outlet, and the fun stamp sets at Fresh Squeezed Stamps! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time!
Hugs,
Leslie

25 comments:

Leanne said...

Way go, I like it we both used the same stamps...fun. I love those colors, bright and fun. Great layout and washi tape fun stuff...awesomeness!

Hugs! Leanne

BrendaB said...

What a great card, Leslie! Love the way you combined the washi tape with the hexagon stamps, and especially the way you used the washi tape inside the card!

Judy Woodland said...

I LOVE this card Leslie. I am so partial to that hex shape and have several stamps that would work well with this design. I hope you don't mind if I CAS it. Your colors are gorgeous - really great card!

Sammy said...

Love. Love. Love. I really LOVE this! Thanks for playing along with the current CraftyHands challenge. Sammy-x

FeistyCrafter said...

This is too cute! I love the layout and design, how all the tape, buttons and bows coordinate. The inside is done up cute too. Great inspiration for this challenge!!

Cathy van de Bruinhorst said...

Very creative card!! Love the hex shapes with the buttons & bows.. too cute!!
Hugs,
Cathy

Alisonscraftybitzandbobs.blogspot.com said...

Wow what a fab card love the use of the washi tape and the buttons just gorgeous. Thank you for joining us over at Open-Minded Crafting Fun, Good Luck and we hope to see you again soon. Alison xxx

PoppyKCrafts said...

Great card, Thank you for entering in the Charisma Cardz Challenge,have fun and keeeeeeeeeeep crafting. Katie DT xx

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Pretty card. Love the shapes you used. Thanks for joining us at Created with Love Challenge this week.
Linda K. DT
www.ladybugstampers.blogspot.com

Susan Kennedy said...

How great!!! Love the different colors and the different patterns!! Gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

- Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
{Scrap A Thousand Words}

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Brilliant design. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥

Melissa Latchem said...

great card!! Many thanks for joining the crafty hands challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

Sharla said...

Love the hexagons and washi, such a fun, bright card! Thank you for joining us at Open-Minded Craftin Fun!
sharla~dt :)

Nonni said...

What a fun card! I really like pentagon shapes and washi so this is right to my taste! :) Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

Helen said...

Great card - love the colours and shapes.

Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Girls Challenge.

Helen x

Shuly said...

i looove the bright colors you used on those stripes and the hexagons are perfect there! love how some of them pop up and the little, delicate bows add such an elegant touch! it's a beautiful, inventive project!!

Larelyn said...

Such a clever layout and wonderful colors. Thanks for sharing at OMCF.
Hugs,
Larelyn

Sheena Brooks said...

Love the bold colours and graphic layout of your card. Thanks for joining us this week at the Sister Act Card Challenge! Hope to see you again next week! Sheena B.

Mynn xx said...

Totally awesome!!! LOVE the fabulous colors and I adore your use of buttons! HUGS and have a great weekend! :) Mynn xx

PS: I'd love it if you'd visit my blog (On a Stampage)--I have blog candy! :)

Marina said...

Great colours and I love the shaoes you've used. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

Emily Thubbron said...

Love this cute card with the buttons and hexagons. Great design. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Open Minded Crafting Fun.

Emily T.
DT

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

Totally love how you have used the washi tapes for this card! Very clever. Awesome layout!

Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky.

Marie Richardson said...

great card
Thanks for joining us this fortnight over at Charisma Cardz challenge blog.
Good Luck with the challenge
Hugs
Marie (A Charisma Gal)
xxxx

Taniaj Scott said...

Great project.Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments for our anything goes challenge . Hope you will join us again hugs Tania (DT)xx

caroline said...

great project, thanks for joining us at created with love challenges, good luck
caroline dt