Friday, March 21, 2014

Color Washed Angel

Hi everyone! Several months ago I purchased six colors of Adirondack Color Wash and made several really pretty pieces to use on some cards. I created this pair of cards with a couple of those pieces and two Lost Coast Designs stamps. I've fallen a little behind in posting the samples I created for Linda to post in her booth when she travels to paper arts shows, and I'm jumping back into it with great guns, so stay tuned for more Lost Coast Designs projects over the next few weeks!

These color washed angel cards were super easy and pack a fairly big punch! I spritzed various colors of the color wash on pieces of Tim Holtz water color cardstock. I let them dry while I worked on another project, then ironed them between layers of a folded piece of copy paper to set the ink. I stamped the Silhouette Angel on the color washed pieces and matted them on black cardstock.

I then stamped the Corner Swirl in random fashion all over pieces of kraft cardstock, turning the stamp with each impression, and matted them on black cardstock. I adhered the color washed stamped focal images to the stamped kraft pieces, then adhered the units onto kraft card bases.


Recipe:

Be sure to visit the Lost Coast Designs site to check out all the awesome stamps! Great images, great quality, deeply etched rubber... I can't brag on them enough! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

3 comments:

  1. That's pretty, kinda intense too. Thank you for commenting on my card in your Mod Squad Challenge...aren't these challenges just so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - LOVE the backgrounds REALLY SHOW OFF THE STAMP :) THANKS FOR INK SETTING TIP :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You use this technique really well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D