Saturday, March 22, 2014

Celebrate Your Day

** 3/23/14 Highlighted at Use Your Stuff! **

Hi everyone! I treated myself to a little time in the scrap room today to finish up a project and make two others. I feel like I accomplished something! This birthday card is an all-green project created for a few challenges. The crocuses were already stamped and paper-pieced as I intended to enter my friend Donna's tag challenge last week but sadly had too much going on to finish it. As they say, "when one door closes, another one opens" so the partially finished project was quickly transformed into a new one!

I used the Gina K Designs Signs of Spring stamp set and paper-pieced the crocuses with scraps of patterned green paper and a lighter shade of textured green paper. Green is my favorite color so it wasn't hard to dig through my paper stash to find several different shades and patterns! ;)


Lots and lots of green going on here! I used postage stamp and notebook paper dies, along with a huge green bow that I created with my Bow It All.


I stamped Happy Birthday inside, and decorated the lower left corner with stamped leaves and a butterfly.


I'd love to enter this green birthday card into these challenges:

Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury ivory cardstock; Colorbok dark green textured cardstock; green textured shimmer cardstock from stash
  • Papers from My Mind's Eye Nostalia and Memorable 6x6 paper pads; green linen paper from stash
  • GKD Signs of Spring stamp set
  • Memento Bamboo Leaves ink
  • Copics: YG61/63/67
  • Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
  • Spellbinders Classic Squares and Postage Stamp dies
  • Paper Smooches Notebook Paper die
  • Want2Scrap green flat-back pearls
  • Studios Blackbird ribbon

Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

13 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

Oh, look what you did. That stamp is perfect for paper piecing, you clever, clever girl. LOVE it!!!

Lynne said...

I just love the gorgeous springtime feel to this card. Thank you for playing along with us at UYS.

Michelle said...

This one fits to our challenge fantastic. I think this card is fabulous.
Thanks for joining us at Craft your Passion.
xxx Michelle (DT)

Karen C said...

Thanks for playing with us this week at Incy Wincy! Hope to see your work in our next challenge!
Be sure to check out the HUGE blog candy (ends on the 24th) I have on my blog right now!! http://busyinspirations.blogspot.com/
Hugs,
Karen C

cass said...

Pretty card, love the colours, thanks for joining us at The Crafters Cafe this week

Mamma Mia said...

Hi Leslie - what a lovely card and it's so fortunate to have been created from another idea! Love all the shades of green and it's perfect for our Monochromatic challenge at Incy Wincy Designs this week!
Helen x (DT)

Tonnie Deijkers said...

great card I like the colours thanks for joining us at sister act this week and good luck

Billie A said...

Really sweet card and great color choices. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments for our ATG challenge.

Monica Taylor said...

Beautiful birthday card, just perfect for our Challenge over at Crafter's Cafe/Make it Square. Thanks for playing along. Monica, DT

zoetsi said...

Wonderful projects. Thanks for sharing!

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is so gorgeous, I like all the detail, Thanks for playing along with us at Ooh La la creations this time Good Luck
Kevin xx

Anne said...

Thank you for playing along with us at Ooh La La and sharing this gorgeous design. Hugs x

Donna said...

Brill card, loving the greens...thanks so much for joining us over at Crafty Girls
Hugs Donna DT xx