Saturday, February 1, 2014

You light up my life

Hello again! I'm back, as I said I would be, with another Valentine I created this morning while I had an assortment of Gina K Designs stamps and 6x6 patterned paper out. This is a whimsical sort of Valentine that had me singing the Debbie Boone classic from the 1970s the entire time I was working in the scrap room! I'm still singing it in my head as I write this post! Bwahahaha!

I couldn't decide whether or not to color the lamp, so I set it aside while I cut pieces and began to assemble the card. It didn't take long for me to realize that it needed to be sultry red, so red it became. I even used some Glossy Accents on the bulb! This was a fun project and I do like how it turned out. I chose three papers from the Love Letters 6x6 patterned paper pack, all matted on black cardstock, and they look amazing together. Of course, I used my Bow It All bow maker for that luscious red six loop bow. Some tiny kraft heart die cuts, a heart bead and some red gemstones finished it nicely.


The inside sentiment stamp is from the Bundle of Love stamp set.


I'm proud to enter this Valentine into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury ivory cardstock; Paper and More black cardstock
  • GKD Love Letters 6x6 patterned paper pack
  • GKD Heartfelt Hits stamp set
  • GKD Bundle of Love stamp set (inside sentiment)
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • Copics: R24/27/89, C1/9
  • Glossy Accents
  • Spellbinders Big Scalloped Circle dies
  • Studios Blackbird red ribbon
  • Red gemstones

Okie dokie, that's it from me. I hope the weather is warming up just a little wherever you are. It's a rainy day here in north Florida... a good day to be playing in the scrap room! Thanks so much for stopping by - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

14 comments:

  1. Fabby design, Thanks for playing at Allsorts, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design and colour palette. Thanks for joining our challenge this week, good luck. Suzanne DT Sweet Stampin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great entry in to our challenge over at Rhedd & Rosies...x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi , Leslie, love your card, love the print paper, the image, and the colors, and that heart button and sentiment sets the image. just a beautiful card....have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Love the colors! Thanks for playing at 4 Crafty Chicks, hope to see you again next week.
    Tina - DT member @ 4CC

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that image!! with that sentiment!! This is great!! Love your bow too!! wow!! And the center.. fantastic!! and the added gems.. Just WONDERFUL!!! I love those papers too.. they are really great!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! great image and the perfect sentiment, thanks for joining us at Open Minded Challenges this fortnight

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card, such a great image and sentiment. I love the papers and layout too.
    Thank you for taking part in A Gem of a Challenge.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it, great image and sentiment and gorgeous papers, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahhhh love this non traditional image for valentine!!! So fab. Love the dp you have used as well!!!

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky. I’m doing a little giveaway to celebrate 500 followers come and join in http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/2014/02/woooow-celebration-in-order-its-500.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous!! I wanted to say cute, because of the little lamp and you did perfect coloring it red!! Lovin the beautiful design papers, they look rich. You have a perfect bow too. Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, Thanks so much for sharing with us at a Creative Romance. Jen xx
    P.S I have a little candy on my blog if your interested. http://jfroog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/new-candy-yay.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D