Saturday, February 1, 2014

I Love You Forever

Happy Saturday, everyone! It sure feels like Sunday to me... I was off yesterday for our annual trip to the Heirloom Paper Arts Festival. I developed a nasty head cold earlier in the week and was hoping I'd feel better, but ended up staying home as I didn't want to get my sister and her hubby sick. I'm so bummed. But I did get some apparently much needed rest and feel a little better today. Was up early this morning and created not one, but two Valentine cards to enter into a few challenges. I played with several Gina K Designs stamp sets and some pretty 6x6 patterned papers.

I wanted to challenge myself to do something I've never done... to create a masculine Valentine without all the frilly glitz and glam. I think I achieved that... this is pretty masculine and I love it! The selection in the Journey of the Heart 6x6 patterned paper pack is pretty awesome and I used five different patterns for this paper pieced mosaic themed card, and was even able to sneak in a bit of floral paper (along with chipboard hearts and gemstones) without it looking too girly! ;)


I kept the inside simple by using a stamped border as the inside sentiment.


I'd love to enter this Valentine into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury ivory and navy blue cardstock; Marco's Antique Linen ivory cardstock
  • GKD Inspiration Mosaic stamp set
  • GKD Love Borders (inside)
  • Memento Tuxedo Black and Lady Bug ink
  • Red gemstones

All righty then, that's it for now. Stay tuned for another post a little later on... the other Valentine I created bright and early this morning! Thanks so much for stopping by! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

11 comments:

Zoe said...

Fab card, thanks for sharing with us at Rhedd and Rosie's, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

Sandie said...

Stunning card,love the clean cut style,vert effective.

Thank you for playing along in our challenge at Rhedd & Rosies x

Debbie said...

Just so lovely, thank you for joining our "Love" theme this week at Sweet Stampin'. Debbiex

Tina Henderson said...

Very pretty card! I hope you are feeling better soon! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks, hope to see you again next week.
Tina, DT member @ 4CC

Susan Kennedy said...

This is fantastic!! Love all the papers you used!! And the added hearts and gems.. Just perfect!! I love it!! And the inside too!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

- Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
{Scrap A Thousand Words}

tilly said...

Love how you have designed this pretty card, thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz
Tilly

JANINE QUINN MIDDLESBROUGH, UK said...

Wow, such a fab card for a man. I love all the patterned papers you've used and how they work together. Thank you for sharing and joining in with the fun at Sweet Stampin' this week, and good luck in the challenge. Hugs Janine xx

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

Wow this is such clever use of paper!!! Love the mosaic you have created!!!

Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky. I’m doing a little giveaway to celebrate 500 followers come and join in http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/2014/02/woooow-celebration-in-order-its-500.html

Avril Ann said...

Glad you are feeling better, Leslie, this is a gorgeous card, such a fabulous layout and the detail is spot on, thank you for joining us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun, best of luck xxx

Linda said...

Fab masculine Valentine! Thanks for joining in our Show Us Some Love challenge at A Creative Romance :) xx

Debbie said...

Great layout. Thanks for joining us at AGOAC. x