Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Day 2: Gina K Designs February Release Blog Hop!

The Cast and Crew for Gina K Designs welcomes you to another fabulous Inspiration Blog Hop! Gina, along with the Cast and Crew, and Guest Designers, will inspire you with many beautiful ideas! And as you hop through our blogs, make sure to leave a comment on each of them because we will choose a few random comments and those stampers will each win a grab bag of Gina K. Designs products! To see the full list of winners check the Big News Forum at StampTV a few days after the hops.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *


I'm so proud to be a Gina K Designs Guest Designer for the month of February! What an amazing opportunity to be part of the February Release Blog Hop along with Gina'a awesome Design Team! Today we are showcasing Signs of Spring, illustrated by Theresa Momber, and Folk Filigree, illustrated by Becky Oehlers! These sets are totally amazing! Gina generously provided us with all of the stamp sets in this February release, and I have thoroughly enjoyed playing with all of them!

The first project I'd like to share is my "Feel Better Soon" card created with the Signs of Spring stamp set.


This is a kinetic spinner from one of my Technique Junkies CDs. This is the first one I've ever made and I'm very pleased with how it turned out. I'm posting the overhead view of it first so you'll get an idea of what it looks like; otherwise, you'll wonder what the heck you're looking at! ;)


I used two papers from the GKD Grateful Heart 6x6 patterned paper pack for the card base.


I stamped the leaves in Memento Bamboo Leaves on one side of the spinner and in Rhubarb Stalk on the other side to compliment the two patterned papers I used. The sentiment is the same on both sides. I stamped, colored and fussy cut a butterfly for each side of the spinner as well. Both flutterbys have Stardust pen on them for a little shimmer but you can only see it in the photo above.


Recipe

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *

The second project I'd like to share is my "Folk Like You Make Me Happy" note card created with the Folk Filigree stamp set.


I used the sentiment as the focal image on this which I think turned out nice. I used a green and ivory color combo with punched lace and a big bow. ;) I love my bows! And can you tell green is my favorite color?!


I left the inside blank since this is a note card, but did decorate the lower left corner with a cluster of tiny sprigs.


Recipe:

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *

Check out the Design Team's inspiration and amazing designs created with these sets:
And the Guest Designers:

I hope you've enjoyed all of our creations on today's blog hop! Be sure you're leaving comments as you hop so you'll be in the running for a grab bag of Gina K Designs products! To jump-start your mojo, be sure to check out all the wonderful stamps and other crafting goodies in the Gina K Designs store! Thanks so much for hopping by today- we'll see you tomorrow for another fun blog hop, as we have one more awesome stamp set to showcase for you!
Hugs,
Leslie

50 comments:

  1. Wow! These are so beautiful, Leslie. I love that spinner! What a great projects. Thank you for making so many beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice design on the spinner, Leslie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing job on the TJ technique card. Beautiful and inspiring creations! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so awesome on all of your cards Leslie! I so have loved hopping with you this month! Your creations always rock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards! The spinner card is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the card with the pretty lace border -- and me, too, love that green! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are stunning! Love that spinner card, so clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the spinner card - great use of these stamps sets! Very fun and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the kinetic spinner! Never seen that before! Great job on both cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really like your projects Leslie! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful work on all counts! But that spinner is certainly quite a masterpiece. I am not sure I could conquer the challenge of that design, but it sure looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love them! Especially I love the stand up card! That would be great for someone in the hospital or nursing home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW. I don't know how you made the kinetic spinner card, BUT I love it. Your second card is so pretty. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the spinner card - beautiful - gives me great ideas! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is such a cool fold and design. Really beautiful! Loving your second card as well. You done good my Guest Designer Team Mate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your kinetic spinner, what a creative design. Love the background DP too and need to say thank you for posting the first picture because I wouldn't have seen the beauty of this unusual design.

    ReplyDelete
  17. a kinetic spinner: never heard of but it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely cards especially the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are beautiful - love the spinner card.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing projects!! Your first project looks like a lot of work, but is totally fabulous! Love the second card (green is my favorite color too). Great border, bow and perfect that you added a little clustered inside the card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMGee, I love both your cards, Leslie. The 3-D one is so fun - I love making interactive cards like that. I also love the Folk Filigree creations. Great inspiration here, thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the spinner and your card and with the inside view.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome spinner card! Love your green filigree card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What have you done here! the spinner is very interesting. I think I could make one and then sit and watch it spin for hours. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fancy and so pretty! Great spinner card!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your on a roll Leslie..... Love that spinner card, so clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wonderful--love the spinner card.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow.....that spinner is a winner!!! Love it!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Amazing hop!!! What lovely stamps and gorgeous creations.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Leslie. fab cards and I love the kinetic spinner. Must have a go at that. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Absolutely beautiful! That spinner is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful projects! Makes me wish for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  33. These are so pretty - I love how you featured greenery on both. LOVELY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great cards! I love the way the first one spins.

    ReplyDelete
  35. thanks for reminding me about MS punches, looks so elegant
    upnurse at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love your cards and especially that you also show the inside designs.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful design on the spinner technique, Leslie ~ all of your cards are really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh, I love that first card, Leslie - it's so cool! Your second card is beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D