Monday, February 17, 2014

Day 1: Gina K Designs February Release Blog Hop!

The Cast and Crew for Gina K Designs welcomes you to another fabulous Inspiration Blog Hop! Gina, along with the Cast and Crew, and Guest Designers, will inspire you with many beautiful ideas! And as you hop through our blogs, make sure to leave a comment on each of them because we will choose a few random comments and those stampers will each win a grab bag of Gina K. Designs products! To see the full list of winners check the Big News Forum at StampTV a few days after the hops.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *


I'm over the moon excited to be a Gina K Designs Guest Designer for the month of February! And very proud to be part of this February Release Blog Hop! Today we are showcasing Stately Flowers 8, illustrated by Melanie Muenchinger, and Lots of Washi, illustrated by Beth Silaika! These sets are just gorgeous! Gina generously provided us with all of the stamp sets in this February release, and I was like a kid in a toy store... I couldn't decide which one to play with first! ;)

The first project I'd like to share is my "For You Friend" card created with the Stately Flowers 8 stamp set.


I chose bright friendly colors for this card and matted all the elements on black cardstock just so I could use that black and white gingham ribbon! ;)


Here's a peek at the inside with a beautiful stamped scripture.


Recipe:

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *

The second project I'd like to share is my "Happy Birthday" card created with the Lots of Washi stamp set.


I must still be in the Valentine's Day mode, as I used shades of pink and red ink for my strips of Washi! I had never, until this year, ever even thought of using pink and red together! But it really works and I love it! And even added some random flowers to this sweet birthday card!


I used the GKD Birthday stamp set duo for the front and inside sentiments.


Recipe:

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *

Check out the Design Team's inspiration and amazing designs created with these sets:
And the Guest Designers:

I hope you've enjoyed all of our creations! And I hope you've left comments along the way so you'll be in the running for a grab bag of Gina K Designs products! To jump-start your mojo, be sure to check out all the wonderful stamps and other crafting goodies in the Gina K Designs store! Thanks so much for hopping by today- we'll see you tomorrow for another fun blog hop, as we have more awesome stamp sets to showcase for you!
Hugs,
Leslie

62 comments:

  1. Leslie, these are both terrific samples. I love the layout, patterns and how you placed the sentiments on the Stately card, great details. Washi masked turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, Leslie! Love the addition of the scattered flowers on the washi card! Super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the flowers and putting the verse inside. What a special treat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards! There is just something about a black and white gingham checked ribbon on a card...love it! (oh and am HAPPY to say I got here by the link on my blog--phew!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards - love the layers on the floral card and I am crazy about those washi tape stamps.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards! Great design on each.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the bright, cheery colors!!! And the touch of gingham! And the washi valentine is adorable!!! Beautiful cards indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards. See why Gina chose you as a guest designer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love both of these cards. I really like the layering of colors and pretty flowers with the blk and white ribbon, and the Waashi card is very cheerful.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice! Some interesting color combinations that help push me out of my comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so awesome Leslie! I relly love that first one...the black checked ribbon just sets everything off!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Leslie, You did a great job over at the Stamp TV release party and here with the blog hop. Both your cards are really really good! I especially like the creative way you used the Washi strips! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Cards! I love how you stamped the washi with an angled edge! Looks like actual washi tape!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great cards, love your color combinations - lots of fun and very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful floral card and love the verse inside too! I really like that verse so much. And, your washi card is so fun! Great colors used for it too. Thanks for sharing and you are doing an awesome job as a guest designer!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards, Leslie! Love the bright, cheery colors and that gingham ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great cards! I love your color choices and the cheeriness of your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for sharing the insides of the cards. Sometimes I forget to do that part!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like the birthday card. That is so versatile and can be made into any occasion! Can't go wrong there!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great cards. I love the layers on the card with the flower. The colors are gorgeous. Thanks for including the Copics used.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for sharing your lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your bright colors on the first card. It really makes me happy. The card is complete with the sentiment inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great cards! I love how you showed your interiors. I generally leave mine blank. I need to venture out more! Love the second card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love both of these gorgeous cards, but I have to say the design layout and stamping of your Washi card is amazing. In love with the CAS design of it. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Can't pick out a favorite. Love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your fun washi card, Leslie -- great colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Bright cheerful yellow flowers card! Love your choice of papers and gingham ribbon! Fun washi card!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Both cards are great! You did a wonderful job coloring on the first. The second one really jumps out and makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  29. These are beautiful cards Leslie! That flower is stunning, and I like the pink and red on the second card. That's one of my favorite color combos, and I try to use it all year round.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awesome, my dear, simply AWESOME!!! I love that you have shown the inside of your cards. How many of us never finish the insides, just the tops? At least I do, and then I kick myself when I want to send one and have to finish the inside...lol. The colors on your first card are just wonderful - I love the bright happy design too. And how cool that you actually used the stamps as real Washi Tape on the second. Well done, you have truly inspired me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Brilliant! Thanks for the inside and out view. I never seem to coordinate both so well.

    ReplyDelete
  32. What super pretty cards! I am loving the new stamps and all of the pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  33. FAbulous cards with these new sets.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful. I really like the iris card a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great cards, and cool designs. I love how you used the inside of the card to place the scripture. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful and well done.Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  37. These are great!! Love the first card's layout and bright cheerful papers! The image is beautiful!
    Your second card is beautiful! Great idea with the flowers!
    Love seeing your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love your cards - especially your use of the washi strips.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Lovely cards. The sentiments on the inside make them extra-special.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Gorgeous cards, Lindsay both inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I absolutely love the color combination on the first card with the gingham ribbon. My favorite is the washi tape card - it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Wow, nice cards. Kathie Dobbins kdobbins194807@ yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Very pretty cards...I especially like the first one!!!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  44. Lovely cards Leslie - esp with the choice of colors, layering, and embellies for both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. It's all about washi look...like that look...

    ReplyDelete
  46. Thanks for the cards. Love the monochromatic washi card.

    ReplyDelete
  47. the lots of washi card is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  48. I love the layering and colors on the first card and I love the way you alternated the lengths on the Washi card. They are both beautiful! I am so glad that you were in on this blog hop, otherwise I would have missed out on everyone's great creations!:)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Both of your cards are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  50. love the bright cheerfulness of the first card
    upnurse at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  51. Gorgeous cards! I especially like the pink one with the washi tape stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Leslie, your cards are beautiful. Love the design,pretty mix of patterns and colors on your first card. And the Washi striped card is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Hi Leslie - your cards are so pretty and big congrats for being a guest designer at STV. Looking forward to seeing more of your cards

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D