My Scrappy Friends

Sunday, January 26, 2014

With Sympathy

** 2/3/14 Top 5 at Crafty Cardmakers! **

Hi everyone! It's been another busy weekend that's going by way too fast! I was able to play in the scrap room a little this weekend and created a couple CAS cards. My Journey of the Heart StampTV kit, along with a few other stamp sets, arrived in the mail on Thursday and I just had to get my fingers a little inky! ;)

I'm sure most people will agree that sympathy cards aren't on the top of a crafter's list of cards to make, but life being what it is, we have the need for them from time to time. I created a beautiful black and white CAS sympathy card with my new stamps and ribbon. Black stamping on white cardstock matted on black with some gorgeous black and white gingham ribbon. Sometimes less is more. The flower stamp is from the GKD Love and Prayers stamp set and the front and inside sentiments are from the GKD Sympathy Duo stamp set. Of course, I had to use my new Bow It All bow maker for the double loop bow! I'm so infatuated with that new toy and don't know how I've crafted so long without it! LOL!


I think this inside sentiment is just beautiful!


I'm entering this sympathy card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury white and black cardstock
  • GKD Love and Prayers stamp set
  • GKD Sympathy Duo stamp set
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • GKD black and white gingham ribbon
  • White flat-back pearls

Hope you all are keeping warm wherever you are! Stay tuned for another CAS card I created this weekend - it's sure to bring some Springtime into your mind at least! ;) Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time!
Hugs,
Leslie

13 comments:

Carole Robb Bisson said...

What a lovely card, I especially like the image , pearls and beautiful bow. Thank you for posting with us this week at Word Art Wednesday.
Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson

Judith said...

this is such a lovely card - a really lovely design thank you for playing along at Fab'n'Funky challenges this week hugs Judith x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Leslie, this is such an elegant sympathy card. So perfect for the occasion. I love your ribbon and the beautiful sentiment on the inside of the card. Thanks for joining us this week at Fab 'n' Funky. Good luck! Hugs, Wends ~ Fab 'n' Funky DT

Ciska said...

Very nice idea a sympathy card, the image is so striking. Thank you for playing along with us @ Fab 'n Funky :)

Lin said...

A beautiful sympathy card. I love the image and the sentiment is spot on

Thanks for sharing with us

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers and More

Judy Rozema said...

Classy and well done. Thank you for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays!

Jennyfer L said...

This is a lovely CAS card!
Thanks for playing with us at Aud Sentiments this week.
Jennyfer, DT

~ginny said...

Beautiful Leslie! Thanks for sharing your project in the “Any Sentiment” Challenge. This CAS card is both elegant and nontraditional with the use of the black and white gingham ribbon. Together with the Daisy and the pearls, this makes a stunning Sympathy card. Well done indeed!
~ginny, DT for Aud Sentiments
RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

DesignerDiva said...

Beyond beautiful! Classy and elegant, I love it.
Thanks again for playing along at Diva's this week for our Anything Goes Challenge and good luck in the draw
Hugs Laurie x

Andie's Space said...

Hi Leslie,
This looks so elegant & beautiful. The sentiment is lovely. Thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week.
Hugs,
Andie xx

MC said...

So elegant and the sentiment is perfect for someone who needs your thoughts. Thanks for joining us! MC, audsentiments DT.

Kim x said...

What a beautiful card Leslie, I love it. Thank you so much for entering my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. Good Luck.
Hugs Kimx

Julie Reed said...

Such a beautiful card with a beautiful sentiment to match. Thanks for sharing with us at CCM&M. Jules DT :)