Saturday, January 4, 2014

Time

Hello again! I'm back as promised to share the second project I created today to enter into challenge 1 of the Gina K Guest DT Call for February! There will be four challenges to complete over the next two weeks in order to be considered for the guest DT, and the first one is a technique challenge. I've been using GKD stamps, cardstock and papers for the past three years, I guess, and haven't run across anything I haven't just loved! And designing for Gina K (guest or otherwise) would be the most absolutely awesome thing that could ever happen for me!

The technique for the first challenge is color on color emboss resist. I love this technique! Gina's tutorial is HERE.  I went for grunge with this note card. I used the GKD Time stamp set duo which I thought would be perfect stamped on ivory linen cardstock inked with bold chunks of yellow, orange and brown distress inks. This is a great masculine card!


I used a record number (or pretty close to it) of different kinds of cardstock on this card which features lots of layers and dimension.


Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury ivory cardstock; Core'dinations chocolate cardstock; DCWV gold shimmer cardstock; Marco's Antique Linen ivory cardstock; Bazzill Basics gold foil cardstock
  • GKD Time stamp set duo
  • Memento Rich Cocoa ink
  • Ranger Mustard Seed, Rusty Hinge, Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain distress inks
  • Versamark Dazzle
  • 3-D foam pads

As I mentioned in my last post, wish me major luck with the Guest DT Call! I would SO love to score this gig! ;) Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time!
Hugs,
Leslie

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Leslie, this is absolutely gorgeous. I left a comment on StampTV, but wanted you to know twice how much I liked this. Gorgeous card.

Melanie said...

and you have beautiful staging, too!

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Gorgeous card, I love the colors you've used, and the layers and the shimmer. The sentiment is so true too. Cindy