My Scrappy Friends

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Joy

Hi everybody! I'm back today to share a project I created to enter into challenge 2 of the Gina K Guest DT Call for February! There are four challenges to complete over a two-week period in order to be considered for a guest designer spot. The first one was a technique challenge, and this second challenge is to create a shaped card. GKD stamps, cardstock and papers have been staples in my scrap room for several years, so her products are definitely "tried and true" as far as I'm concerned! Scoring a guest designer gig for Gina K would put me over the moon! ;)

I created a triangle shaker card using several stamps from the GKD Seasons Greetings stamp set. I know Christmas is over but this polar vortex we've just had has put me right back in a cold winter mood... and I live in north Florida! So I now have a head start on next year's Christmas cards (wink-wink)! I had found and bookmarked Pennywise Arts a while back and sadly they've closed up shop since I visited last, but have left their amazing tutorials and gallery available for perusal. This triangle shaker card is one of several projects I found there that I wanted to try. I've made a few shaker cards over the years, and this one is by far the easiest! I'm really happy with the way it turned out.


I randomly stamped small snowflakes on the front of the card and the envelope (and a border on the flap of the envelope), and added a little color with a light blue Copic marker and some shimmer with a stardust pen. I stamped the adorable little snowman inside the shaker which fit perfectly. I used the Joy stamp, cutting it with a SB oval die and mounting it on a scalloped oval die cut.


I used clear micro marbles as "snow" inside the shaker. I added a tiny clear gemstone to the center of each snowflake.


Here's a peek at the inside - fairly simple with just a sentiment.


Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury white cardstock; Colorbok light blue and green textured cardstock
  • GKD Season's Greetings stamp set
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • Copics: R24/27, YR04, B00, B000
  • Sakura Stardust pen
  • Spellbinders Classic Ovals and Scalloped Ovals dies
  • Blockheads clear micro marbles
  • Tiny clear gemstones

Okie dokie, this is it for me today. Please keep those good luck wishes coming my way... I would really love to guest design for Gina K Designs! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

1 comment:

FeistyCrafter said...

Another amazing project! Never seen a shape and shaker project like this! You really out did yourself. LOVE THIS!!!