My Scrappy Friends

Monday, January 20, 2014

Harvest of Wishes Note Card

Hi everyone! I'm off today for the Martin Luther King holiday so I'm finishing up laundry and a few other things that I didn't get done over the weekend. Have you seen that post going around on Facebook saying we need another weekend day?! I resemble that remark! LOL. I created a note card to enter into challenge 4 of the Gina K Designs Guest DT Call for February. There are four challenges to complete over a two-week period in order to be considered for a guest designer spot. The first one was a technique challenge, the second challenge was to create a shaped card, the third challenge was to create a set (two or more) of tags, and this fourth challenge is to use Lee's card (below) as a sketch. Well, I love me some sketches, so I'm all over this one! ;)

I really, really love the GKD Grateful Heart StampTV kit. When I bought it this past summer, I stamped some images from several of the stamp sets contained in the kit. The apple on this card was one of them, so this card went together fairly quickly. The background is embossed script. I used some Tomato Soup grossgrain ribbon. I cut some narrow strips from three papers in the Grateful Heart 6x6 patterned paper pack, and matted all the elements on Warm Cocoa cardstock. Three champagne flat-back pearls finished it. I left the inside blank since it is a note card. I just love these colors and this card kind of takes me back to autumn/fall which is my favorite time of year! ;)


Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury Ivory and Warm Cocoa cardstock
  • Papers from the Grateful Heart 6x6 patterned paper pack
  • GKD Harvest of Wishes stamp set
  • Memento Rich Cocoa ink
  • Copics: E000/11/99, C1, YG95, R24/27/89
  • Cuttlebug Script embossing folder
  • GKD Tomato Soup grossgrain ribbon
  • Champagne flat-back pearls

I would be so slack if I didn't show you Lee's card - this gorgeous sketch is the one we are to follow for this challenge...


Well, this is it - the last challenge to be completed for that guest designer spot on the fabulous Gina K Designs DT! I have my fingers, eyes, legs and toes all crossed... keep those good luck wishes coming! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time!
Hugs,
Leslie

1 comment:

FeistyCrafter said...

Good luck!! I think this is fabulous! Love the harvest colors and the embossing just makes it! Keeping my fingers crossed for you :o)