My Scrappy Friends

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Happy Birthday!

** Top 3 Pick at Come and Get It Challenges! **

Hi everyone! I'm here this morning to share my DT inspiration project for this week's Inky Impressions Challenge, IIC #141 - Something New. Come play with us! We want to see your projects created with something new... and you have to tell us what it is! ;)

I used the adorable Inky Impressions Fairy Sitting on Clothespin digi for my birthday card. The digi is new (I purchased it for this challenge), I used my new Zutter Bow It All bow maker to make a triple loop bow, and I created some new flowers for embellishments. I used some awesome papers from a matstack that I bought several years ago. I can't believe I haven't used them up because I just love them!


This fairy is just the cutest! She has some sparkle on her tiny little wings that you can't see too well in the photo. I cut her with a pretty shaped die and matted all the elements on dark purple cardstock. My bow-making skills are improving with my new bow maker - I'm lovin' this triple loop bow!


Both the front and inside sentiments are computer generated, printed in purple.


I'd love to enter this sweet little fairy birthday card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury ivory cardstock; DCWV Latte matstack; Cricut Purples & Pinks cardstock
  • Inky Impressions Fairy Sitting on Clothespin digital image
  • Copics: E00/07/11/33/35/37/51, Y17, R00/85, C3, YG63/99, BV02/08/13/17
  • Sakura Stardust pen
  • Spellbinders Labels Eighteen and Ribbon Banners dies
  • Sizzix 3-D Flowers die
  • Studios Blackbird ribbon

I really hope you're inspired to create a project depicting something new for our challenge this week! To get your mojo going, be sure to check out the selection of stamps and other crafting goodies in the Inky Impressions store! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time!;)
Hugs,
Leslie

27 comments:

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Very pretty Leslie, Thanks for visiting my blog, hope to see you there again sometime. Love the flowers and your colors on this one.
Cindy

Faye said...

What a super job of coloring your delightful image!

Faye said...

What a super job of coloring your delightful image!

FeistyCrafter said...

Leslie, this is beautiful!! Amazing coloring and love the soft colors. The ribbon and flowers are perfect.

Ginny said...

fab card, thanks for joining us at FnF :)

Zoe said...

Fab card, thank you for sharing your Dotty creation with us at Rhedd and Rosie's, good luck Hun, Zoe DT

Laura Lunsford said...

Beautiful card! I especially love that image and bow and roses are fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us at Loves Rubber Stamps Challenges and look forward to seeing more of your lovely creations again soon. Have a beautiful week! Laura

Moira Gray said...

Gorgeous card, love the image and papers.

Thanks for joining us at Rhedd & Rosie's Challenge Blog.

Moira DT.

Donna said...

Great card! Love all the purple (my favourite colour)and that triple bow is impressive!! Thanks for playing along with the "something new" challenge at Shopping Our Stash!

Michelle said...

I love the bow and flowers you made. They are beautiful. Wonderful card. Thank You for sharing with us over at The Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog

Michelle (DT)

Barbara Godden said...

Super cute image, I love the colour combo and all the elements on you card thanks for playing along with the use something new challenge at shopping our stash.

Tanya said...

Gorgeous card, love the image and colours :) that bow is great too!

Thanks for joining in at Papertake Weeky, hope to see you again soon!

Tanya GDT xx

Mandy Chilvers said...

very very lovely! Thanks for playing along with us at Rhedd & Rosie

Melissa Latchem said...

Love the colour combination! Lovely card! Many thanks for entering the Rhedd and Rosie's Challenge and good luck! Melissa (DT) xxxx

Pat K said...

Gorgeous card, great colours, cute image and love the handmade flowers. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K x

Nikki said...

Very pretty card. I love the colours and such a gorgeous image. Thanks for playing along at Loves Rubberstamps.

Nikki

Meighan Wheller said...

Love your card and the colours you have used. Fab image and wonderfully coloured. Love the bow!! Thanks for sharing with us at Come and Get. Meighan DT

Shell B. said...

Wonderful card, love the image you used!

Good to see you join us for the CAGI Challenge , hope to you come back soon!
¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
Shell in Alaska ~ CAGI DT ~
http://akstamping.blogspot.com

Shuly said...

congratulations on your top 3 win in come and get it challenge! your card is beautiful !!

Beccalite said...

What a gorgeous card and such a sweet image.

Thank you so much for coming over and joining in with our 23rd Challenge 'Going Dotty' at Rhedd and Rosie's Challenge Blog.

Great Big Huge Hugs

Becca xxx (DT Member)

Leslie Hanna said...

Love the bow and the rolled flowers! Well done!!! And yeah, I like re-discovering papers in my stash and falling in love with them again. :)

Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Karen Letchworth said...

Fantastic art, Leslie! Thanks so much for sharing in our challenge. It's such a blessing to have you play along with us and share your talents. I hope to see you again soon. Love your sweet creations.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Great card! I love purple. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Shopping Our Stash!
Blessings,
Michelle

Margreet said...

gorgeous card with great coloring...thanks for sharing with us at Divas by Design!
xxx Margreet

Larelle-Susanne Thoms said...

love this, loved your card, super cute, Thanks for Joining the Anything Goes ~Loves Rubber Stamps Challenge. Hope to see more of your amazing Cards in future challenges.. Hugs Larelle-Susanne DT

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous. I love the beautifully coloured image and lush papers.
Thank you for haring this with us at Diva's by Design.
Hugs Sharon. x
{Nellie’s Handmade Cards}

Lexie said...

This is gorgeous...so neat and perfect.

Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx