My Scrappy Friends

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Get well

** 2/8/14 Top Pick at Inkspirational Challenges! **

Hi everyone! Hope you're keeping warm wherever you are this chilly weekend! I'm in north Florida and it's been wonderfully chilly here! The hubster and I don't do heat real well anymore, so we embrace the cooler weather! Please say we're not strange! ;)

I'm back this morning to share another CAS card, a Springtime flower bouquet note card, I created this weekend with a couple stamps from the Love and Prayers stamp set in my new Journey of the Heart StampTV kit. I have to admit that I wasn't happy with the way it originally turned out so I did a slight re-do and it looks much better I think!


I stamped the single flower in several Memento colors and fussy cut them all. Sadly I don't have a Silhouette so I cannot take advantage of the free cutting files that go with this StampTV kit... darn it... but I shall work on that! ;) Prior to layering the flowers, I stamped the leaves in two colors of green for variation. I stamped the sentiment and added three white flat-back pearls to finish. I really like this! I left the inside blank to use as a note card. [Update: I got a Silhouette Cameo a couple days ago and so far I love it!]


I'd love to enter this colorful Springtime note card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury white and navy blue cardstock
  • GKD Love and Prayers stamp set
  • Memento ink: Lady Bug, Teal Zeal, Danube Blue, Grape Jelly, Morocco, Pear Tart and Bamboo Leaves
  • White flat-back pearls

Well, that's it from me for now. I'm headed back into the scrap room to finish a couple other projects. Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

12 comments:

dragonllew said...

Great card thanks for joining us this week at Incy Wincy
Jenny x

Nikki said...

Lovely card Leslie. Great colour combination and a lovely layout. Thanks for playing along at Inkspirational.

Nikki

Carole Robb Bisson said...

The layered flowers over the stamped greenery are lovely. Again many thanks for posting with us at WAW, Blessings, Carole

creatingwithpaper said...

This is so pretty! What a great use of color! It must have taken so much time to fussy cut all of those flowers, but your work paid off. Wonderful card! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Very pretty CAS card. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥

Julie said...

What lovely colors for the flowers
Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
Hugs,
Julie T

Avril Ann said...

Oh this is just beautiful, love the CAS look to it, Thank you for sharing with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun, this fortnight, best of luck xxxx

Avril Ann said...

Ignore the above post, hun, so sorry, don't know which DT hat I am wearing, LOL, still loving your card, love the bright colours and the CAS effect. Thank you for joining in with us at Scribble and Scraps this fortnight, best of luck xxx

Taniaj Scott said...

Wonderful image and card Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments with our any sentiment challenge Hugs Tania (DT) xx

Lexie said...

Fab card. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck. xx

Nonni said...

Stunning card! I love your colors and stamping. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational and I hope you'll join us in the current challenge -it's a really fun one!

mixamatoasties said...

Great card.

Thanks for sharing at Dream Valley this time.

Susan