Sunday, January 19, 2014

Charmed Friend Tags

Howdy my crafty friends! What a relief... I can finally blog my Charmed Friend Tags that I created for my bookworm friend! I didn't want her to see them, so I couldn't blog them! I was thinking outside the box a little with these tags... they doubled as bookmarks for her new books!

I created these tags to enter into challenge 3 of the Gina K Designs Guest DT Call for February and couldn't upload them there either! That's on my "Gotta Do" list for tomorrow! LOL. There are four challenges to complete over a two-week period in order to be considered for a guest designer spot which I would so love! The first one was a technique challenge, the second challenge was to create a shaped card, the third challenge was to create a set (two or more) of tags. The fourth challenge is a sketch challenge, so stay tuned for that project tomorrow!

I used kraft cardstock and stamps from two of the stamp sets in the GKD Grateful Heart StampTV kit. I lightly sponged distress inks to create both backgrounds and used a few Copic markers for a little extra color. The organza ribbons are also from the Grateful Heart StampTV kit.


I had some pretty butterfly and dragonfly charms in my stash, so I added one to each of the tags just for a little extra zing.


I used stamps from the Harvest of Wishes stamp set for this one.


I used stamps from the Grateful Heart stamp set for this one.


Recipe:
  • GKD kraft cardstock; Core'dinations Chocolate cardstock
  • Memento Rich Cocoa ink
  • Ranger Walnut Stain, Shabby Shutters, Wikld Honey and Fired Brick distress inks
  • GKD Harvest of Wishes stamp set used for the So Thankful For Your Friendship Tag
    • Copics: R22/24, YG95/99, E39/99
    • GKD Honey mustard organza ribbon
    • Butterfly charm from stash
  • GKD Grateful Heart stamp set used for the My Forever Friend Tag
    • Copics: YR01
    • GKD Fresh Asparagus organza ribbon
    • Dragonfly charm from stash

I continue to ask that you keep those good luck wishes coming my way... I would be so stoked to be chosen as a guest designer for Gina K Designs! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)

Hugs,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D