Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Let It Snow

Howdy! I want to share my DT inspiration project for this week's Inky Impressions Challenge, IIC #137 - Winter or Snow! Come play with us! We want to see your winter or snow projects! The random winner will receive 4 digis from the Inky store!

I used the absolutely adorable MaMaw Skiing digi for my card. I just love her! She's my green-eyed granny and what a cool granny she is with her pink and orange skis!  I can only hope I remain that agile! ;)  I layered some awesome 6x6 patterned papers from a couple GKD paper packs that I just love, and matted them all on navy blue cardstock. I used some large baby blue flat head eyelets that I've had in my stash for 6-7 years. The large snowflake die cut is compliments of my sister.


I cut MaMaw with an oval die and layered her on a scalloped oval die cut. I covered all the snowflakes and the snow on the ground with snow white flock. I even put a few larger "snowflakes" (which are really clear Inky Dinky Drops) on the gingham paper. You can't see it very well in the photos, but she even has some Glossy Accents on her glasses! ;)


I decorated the inside with some snowflake paper and navy blue cardstock that I used on the front. I finished it with a Let It Snow chipboard piece tied with some navy blue twine which I thought was perfect! The chipboard piece is another oldie from my stash which I've had for 4-5 years. ;)


I'd love to enter my green-eyed granny into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury white and navy blue cardstock
  • GKD Season's Greetings 6x6 patterned paper
  • Casual Friday 6x6 patterned paper
  • Inky Impressions MaMaw Skiing digital image
  • Copics: R27/81/83, E000, B91/95/97, YR09, RV17, YG17, C3/7
  • Glossy Accents
  • Recollections snow white flock
  • Clear Inky Dinky Drops
  • Snowflake die cut
  • Small and medium pink flat-back pearls
  • Large baby blue flat head eyelets
  • Let It Snow chipboard
  • Studios Blackbird navy blue twine

Hope you've been inspired to create something fun for our winter or snow challenge! To get your mojo going, be sure to check out the selection of stamps and other crafting goodies in the Inky Impressions store! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

14 comments:

FeistyCrafter said...

Leslie, I love your color palette! Another great card and image! I hope she doesn't break a hip...lol.

Jenée said...

Leslie, wonderful card. I so like the papers you've used, and that image always makes me chuckle. Great work and great use of this week's snow theme!

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the design.xxx

Rosica Katreva said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge.
Hugs Rossi (DT Member)

Zoe said...

Fab card, thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xxx

Sandy said...

Leslie- great card! I love her and the snowy papers you used!

Gayle's Crafty Blog said...

Great card..Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly..Hugz Gayle xx

Helen said...

Great card and I love that digi!

Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.

Helen x

Shanna Shands said...

Awesome card. I love the snowflake paper int he background. Thanks for playing with Loves Rubberstamps.

CheerDown said...

Great fun card thanks for joining our Touch of Frost Challenge at Fab n Funky
Alli Dx

Ellen said...

Great card, well done! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge.

groetjes, Ellen

Melissa Latchem said...

Great image! Many thanks for entering the Rhedd and Rosie's Challenge and good luck! Melissa (DT) xxxx

Jessi Fogan said...

Heck, I don't think I'm that agile NOW! lol This is such a fun card - I love all the teeny details like the gloss on her glasses :) Thanks so much for coming to play at Shopping our Stash this week!

Rach83 said...

Super fun card and I love that snowflake backing paper. Great idea to add the tag on the inside too.

Thanks for playing along at Fab'n'Funky Challenges this week.

Rachel x