Saturday, December 28, 2013

Happy New Year to Ewe!

Hi everyone! I mentioned earlier this week that the Inkettes are on a little holiday vacay but were asked if we wanted to create some extra projects with the December releases. I used the adorable Party Sheep image for my 5x7 step ladder new year's card. I've been playing with some new folds (from a new Technique Junkies CD) and this is the first step ladder card I've ever made... I'm lovin' the way it turned out! Sometimes less is more, especially with the ladder elements on this card, so I kept it simple. I used some papers from one of my favorite paper pads along with a few felt flowers and flat-back pearls... that's it! I love simple! ;)


Here's a close-up of that absolutely adorable sheep wishing "ewe" a Happy New Year!


I'd love to enter my New Year card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • GKD dark gray cardstock; Colorbok orange textured cardstock
  • Recollections Bold Basics paper pad
  • Inky Impressions Party Sheep digital image
  • Copics: C1/3/5/7, YG17, Y17, YR09, R27/85, B05, BG000
  • Michaels white felt flowers
  • Large yellow and tiny white flat-back pearls

Be sure to visit the Inky Impressions store to check out all the super cute December releases! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie


15 comments:

  1. Beautiful step card! I love your little sheep image and the layout you used to make this card! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us at Loves Rubber Stamps Challenges and look forward to seeing more of your lovely creations again soon. Have a beautiful week! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leslie :)
    I'd love to make one step card. Should be one of my 2014 resolution. LOL. Yours is really beautiful :)
    Thanks for sharing this at Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenges. Hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs, Mikha

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so super cute! Love the step card and the happy Ewe. Happy New Year! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is this Leslie. I too have not made a step card! Yours is certainly impressive. Thank you for joining in at Use Your Stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun is this! Great card and love that cute image! Thanks for joining our Celebrations challenge at Use Your Stuff this week.
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. That image is absolutely adorable! I love the design of this card too! Very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful step card! Thanks for sharing with us at Тhe Crazy Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fab one step card and super cute image, thanks for joining us at Ink x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic Step Card and that image is adorable. I love this wonderful card. Hugz, joann

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous image - Love it! Wonderfully coloured and perfect layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational. Have a wonderful new year. Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. So nicely done. Thanks for taking the time to join us at Loves Rubberstamps.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant card. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT this week. Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at A Gem of a Challenge.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fun card! Thanks for playing with us at SACC!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha ha...so cute! Lovely stepper.

    Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D