Sunday, November 17, 2013

Watercolor Sugar Skulls

** 12/8/13 Winner at Bombshell Stamps Blog! **
** 11/29/13 Top 3 at Craftitude! **

Hello again, everyone! Here's the other card I created this weekend strictly for play. I got busy with a Niji brush, some watercolors and my Bombshell Stamps sugar skulls and created this clean and simple note card! Love these stamps and love how this turned out! And I followed that awesome Bombshell November sketch (again)! :)


I used white linen cardstock matted on black cardstock which I think yielded a stunning effect with these watercolors.


These tiny bones are just the coolest! You can't see it real well but there is some cheesecloth and a little glitter under that gorgeous iridescent purple ribbon.


I masked the upper portion of the image so I'd have just two of the skulls stamped on the inside, and I left them uncolored. There's plenty of room left to write a note.



I'd love to enter my sugar skulls note card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury white cardstock; Marcos white linen cardstock; Paper and More black cardstock
  • Bombshell Stamps Sugar Skulls stamp set (focal image, sentiment and tiny bone)
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • Nicholson's  Peerless Transparent Watercolors: Heliotrope, Alice Blue, Arbutus Pink, Golden Yellow, Olive Green
  • Niji water brush
  • White Reggae Art Glitter
  • Iridescent purple Studios Blackbird ribbon
  • Cheesecloth

I thoroughly enjoyed creating this sugar skulls card and I hope you like! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

8 comments:

Stempelientje Stempy said...

Great take on the sketch Leslie!And how nice you stamped the inside also! Looks so nice all t0gether!

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Lovely card,
thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges!
Rachelle DT
http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

FeistyCrafter said...

I love this card! The colors are soft and beautiful. I like the bones you used as the trio in the sketch. Great job on the sketch too. You rock!

Susie Little said...

Fantastic card Leslie, thank you for joining us Babes at Bombshell! xx

Helene Siermans said...

Great work with the sketch! Love the design and the image....

Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Catz, good luck!
Nick

Susie said...

Fab cards - so effective! Thanks for joining our Clean and Simple challenge at Dream Valley. Susie x

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

That is really an awesome card!!! love the CAS look.

Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Craftitude challenge. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky

melsanford said...

A gorgeous card! Thank you for joining our CAS challenge at Dream Valley :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx