Wednesday, November 27, 2013

'Tis The Season!

** 12/2/13 Top 5 at Love To Create Challenge Blog! **

Good morning, everyone! I'm back today to share my DT inspiration project for this week's Inky Impressions Challenge, IIC #136 - Presents and Gifts! Come play with us! We want to see your project that depicts 'presents and gifts'... this can mean in the image, on the project or the project itself! The interpretation is all up to you! ;) The random winner will receive 4 digis from the Inky store!

I used the adorable Winter Mailbox Lili digi for my card, along with a new 6x6 Christmas paper pack that I received just last week, some old (and I mean old) re-purposed ribbon and some fun embellishments!


This image has to be one of the cutest I've seen in a while. I colored her up in a burgundy and light aqua color scheme to match my papers. I used snow white flock on the mail box and the ground. The ribbon is some organza that originally started out as one of the bows on a pair red ballerina flats I bought 25 years ago! The bows were too big, I thought, so I immediately removed them from the flats and added smaller ones, which was great because it yielded some beautiful organza for my craft stash! I used one a few years back and just found this other one! ;)


The snow on the mailbox and the ground looks so authentic, I added a tiny bottle of snow as an embellishment since the likely recipient is a resident of Florida! Hehehe!


And here is the fun part of the 'presents and gifts' theme of our challenge... a gift of a handmade box of note paper. Thanks Monika for the simple note paper box tutorial which I decorated with matching papers I used on the card.


The note paper is premium quality paper hand cut to fit the box! Lots of TLC went into this, I gotta say! ;)


And here's a peek at the inside, decorated with matching papers and a gold Dazzles Christmas sentiment.


I'd love to enter my card and gift into the following challenges:



Recipe:
  • Marco's white vintage linen cardstock (card base); Hammermill white cardstock (image); DCWV textured champagne cardstock
  • My Mind's Eye "All Is Bright" 6x6 paper pad
  • Inky Impressions Winter Mailbox Lili digital image
  • Copics: C3/7, BG000/11/15, E35/37/51, Y21, R27/81/89
  • Spellbinders Class Squares and Scalloped Squares dies
  • SNS Scallop Border die
  • Recollections snow white flock
  • Tim Holtz Idea-ology Corked Vials
  • Dazzles Christmas sentiment
  • Red eyelets
  • Champagne flat-back pearls and gemstones
  • Re-purposed red organza ribbon from stash

Hope you've been inspired to create something fun for our presents and gifts challenge! To get your mojo going, be sure to check out the selection of stamps and other crafting goodies in the Inky Impressions store! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

13 comments:

  1. Oooh. I really love that bottle of snow. Great card and a fun gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie - I saw this awesome project and thought what a fantastic gift!!! Your so creative with the little bottle of "snow" You certainly inspired me for some gifts this holiday! Thank you! =0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous,fabulous design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super, cute gift idea. Love your bow (great recycling) and that little bottle of snow is adorable.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bottle of snow, wonderful card, thanks for joining us at the Crafters Cafe this week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome gift! I'm sure the lucky recipient is going to love it ... especially the bottle of snow. :o)
    Thank you for sharing your favorite embellishments with us this week at Love to Create.
    Ruza, LTC Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely fabulous! Love the bottle of snow idea and the image is super adorable!

    Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create!

    Mei
    LTC DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great card, I love the papers! Thanks for joining us this week at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning creation, Lesley, and I do love that wee bottle of snow, just perfect, thank you for sharing with us at Scribble and Scraps, good luck hun xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet image! Your coloring is fantastic! I love the bottle of snow and the old ribbon! Thanks for playing with us at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card, thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz for our Christmas Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another great card. Love the image and layout.

    Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D