** 12/2/13 Top 5 at Love To Create Challenge Blog! **
Good morning, everyone! I'm back today to share my DT inspiration project for this week's Inky Impressions Challenge, IIC #136 - Presents and Gifts! Come play with us! We want to see your project that depicts 'presents and gifts'... this can mean in the image, on the project or the project itself! The interpretation is all up to you! ;) The random winner will receive 4 digis from the Inky store!
I used the adorable Winter Mailbox Lili digi for my card, along with a new 6x6 Christmas paper pack that I received just last week, some old (and I mean old) re-purposed ribbon and some fun embellishments!
This image has to be one of the cutest I've seen in a while. I colored her up in a burgundy and light aqua color scheme to match my papers. I used snow white flock on the mail box and the ground. The ribbon is some organza that originally started out as one of the bows on a pair red ballerina flats I bought 25 years ago! The bows were too big, I thought, so I immediately removed them from the flats and added smaller ones, which was great because it yielded some beautiful organza for my craft stash! I used one a few years back and just found this other one! ;)
The snow on the mailbox and the ground looks so authentic, I added a tiny bottle of snow as an embellishment since the likely recipient is a resident of Florida! Hehehe!
And here is the fun part of the 'presents and gifts' theme of our challenge... a gift of a handmade box of note paper. Thanks Monika for the simple note paper box tutorial which I decorated with matching papers I used on the card.
The note paper is premium quality paper hand cut to fit the box! Lots of TLC went into this, I gotta say! ;)
And here's a peek at the inside, decorated with matching papers and a gold Dazzles Christmas sentiment.
I'd love to enter my card and gift into the following challenges:
- Eureka Stamps: Weekly Challenge #67 - Christmas Theme - Santa is on His Way
- The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog: Challenge #39 - Anything Goes
- Addicted To Stamps and More! Challenge Blog: Challenge #73 - Holidays
- Charisma Cardz Challenges: Challenge #46 - Christmas
- Scribble and Scrap and Challenge: Challenge #6 - Always Anything Goes
- Challenges 4 Everybody: Challenge #34 - Anything Goes
- Party Time Tuesday's Challenge Blog: Challenge #148 - Anything Goes
- Love to Create Challenge Blog: Challenge #93 - 3 of your Favorite Embellishments (ribbon, flat-back pearls and corked vials--anything Tim Holtz!)
- Paper Playtime: Challenge #24 - Anything Goes
- Oldie but A goodie Challenge: Ribbon and/or Lace (re-purposed ribbon is 25 years old)
- Marco's white vintage linen cardstock (card base); Hammermill white cardstock (image); DCWV textured champagne cardstock
- My Mind's Eye "All Is Bright" 6x6 paper pad
- Inky Impressions Winter Mailbox Lili digital image
- Copics: C3/7, BG000/11/15, E35/37/51, Y21, R27/81/89
- Spellbinders Class Squares and Scalloped Squares dies
- SNS Scallop Border die
- Recollections snow white flock
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Corked Vials
- Dazzles Christmas sentiment
- Red eyelets
- Champagne flat-back pearls and gemstones
- Re-purposed red organza ribbon from stash
Hope you've been inspired to create something fun for our presents and gifts challenge! To get your mojo going, be sure to check out the selection of stamps and other crafting goodies in the Inky Impressions store! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)