Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Peace Love Cure

Hi everyone! I'm back today to post my DT inspiration project for Inky Impressions IIC #133 - Die Cuts or Punches. Come play with us! We want to see your project using die cuts or punches - we know you have one or the other (or both) in your stash! ;)

I chose the very cool Inky Impressions Peace Love Cure digi for my note card. I used SB labels and scalloped rectangle dies, and a CLD doily die. This digi really spoke to me... most of you know that I'm just an old hippie chick wishing the world peace and love, and it's long been my hope that a cure for cancer will be found. When I saw this in the Inky store, I knew I had to have it! ;)

The denim paper is one of my favorites that I've had in my stash for 5-6 years. When I originally found it online, I loved it so much that I bought several packages. I've used quite a bit of it over the years but still have several sheets left. I'm a blue jeans kind of girl, and this paper is fun, funky and so versatile!


I added gemstones in the top left corner, a pearl in each corner of the focal image and some pretty purple organza ribbon tied in a bow. That's it - wanted to keep it simple.


I spritzed a handmade Perfect Pearls mist onto the image after coloring it. The shimmer is amazing - looks much better in real life! ;)


I would love to enter this awesome note card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury white cardstock (card base); Crafter's Companion white cardstock (image); DCWV blue shimmer cardstock; purple cardstock from stash
  • Denim paper from stash (I've had it so long I don't remember the brand)
  • Inky Impressions Peace Love Cure digi
  • Copics: YG95/99, BV13/17, RV13/17
  • Handmade Perfect Pearls mist
  • Spellbinders Large Labels, Classic Rectangles and Scalloped Rectangles dies
  • Cherry Lynn French Pastry doily die
  • Purple organza ribbon
  • White flat-back pearls; purple gemstones

I really hope you're inspired to dig out those dies and/or punches, and create something fantastic to enter into our challenge this week! Thanks so much for stopping by - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

10 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the colours and fab details.xxx

Jenée said...

Great card. That image is FAB, and your papers are just perfect with it. Super, girl!

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Cute Card. love the denim paper - looks so real. Thanks for joining us at Paper Makeup Stamps this week with lots of layers.

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is super sweetie. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Challenges 4 Everybody.

Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxxxx

Shuly said...

hey, i saw your card on inky impressions! great card, very creative with the jeans background!! bright and lively, full of life. :)

Athina said...

What a fun card! I love the image! Thanks for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!

PaperDaisies said...

A stunning card. Love it. Good luck with GDT post. A perfect entry for our challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps. Thanks for joining us. Hugs Nina

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a gorgeous card you have made. Thank you for taking part in the Aud Sentiments Challenge this fortnight and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (Aud Sentiments Design Team Member) xxx

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh that is so super cute! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Sandra said...

My daughter would love this.
Thanks for sharing your fab creation with us at Aud Sentiments.
xxx