Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Let's Take A Spin!

I had some scrap room playtime this past weekend and got several DT projects done. To reward myself for working so hard, I played with some Bombshell Stamps and created this pink girlie Harley card strictly for play - to enter into some challenges! She's born to be wild... get your motor runnin'... :) Who says biker chicks can't be all girlie and feminine?!

I love sketches so I followed the Bombshell Stamps November sketch for this. And the intent was to go monochromatic - black and white - with just a splash of pink - which I think I pulled off fairly well! I'm diggin' it! ;)


The background is gorgeous white linen cardstock matted on pink and then on black, with contrasting strips of black/white Swiss dot paper matted on black. I colored the image, fussy cut it, gave it a pink paper-pieced paint job, then mounted it on some faux leather that I girlied up with a pink oval scalloped die cut. Embellishments consist simply of gemstones, flat-back pearls and a bow. ;)


For the inside, I stamped animal print in vibrant pink ink, die cut it and matted it on black cardstock. I stamped the sentiment, matted it on black cardstock and adhered it to the animal print.



I'd love to enter this card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury white cardstock; Marcos white linen cardstock; Paper and More black cardstock; DCWV textured hot pink cardstock
  • Black/white Swiss dot paper and bow from the Papermania Capsule collection
  • Bombshell Stamps Harley Bikes stamp set (bike and sentiment)
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • Copics: C1/3/5, RV25
  • Comotion Almost Leather
  • Faux stitching drawn with DecoColor Liquid Silver opaque paint marker
  • Spellbinders Classic Ovals, Scalloped Ovals and Classic Squares dies
  • Bombshell Patterns stamp set (animal print inside)
  • VersaColor Opera Pink ink
  • Large black pearl flat-back pearls; tiny pink gemstones; small silver flat-back pearl

I hope you like my pink girlie Harley! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

16 comments:

  1. What a fun card. Love the pop of pink! Thanks for joining our challenge at Loves Rubberstamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous creation aagain Leslie! I love the combination of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! I love your girly moto, it looks fab! And, yes, the bit of pink is awesome and you really did pull it off! I love the little bow too, nice touch! Perfect card for our monochromatic challenge at CC&CC. Thanx for sharing and playing along. Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Gorgeous card! I love black and pink together so needless to say I love your card. Love the touch of polka dots too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card! LOVE the pops of pink with the black and white! You did an awesome job! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing card! Love your colours! Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges.
    Mira

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahahahahaha excellent!! born to be wild exactly the song i imagined when looking at your lovely card !! i love your polka dots, the sewing around the bike, the bow and the touches of pink, perfect for a feminine biker chick!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your creativity always amazes me!! I LOVE this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing card. I love the hot pink. Thanks for playing with Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMgosh this is fabulous, I love the B&W with the pop of pink, Fabulous and the image is so perfect for this. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your layout it's fab and your colours are great. Your song choice is perfect for your design :) Thanks for sharing with us at Songbird Challenges, good luck! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is HOT! Great color combo and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful, I love your clean fresh style and the colours are perfect! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it, love it, love it - Pink Black and white is one of my favourite colour schemes. Loving that stamp too. Thanks for joining in with our stitching challenge at Ooh La La creations.
    Alli D xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab bike stamp, the faux stitching looks great on it.
    Thank you for joining the Ooh La La Stitching Challenge, hope you'll join us again tomorrow for a new challenge
    Hugs
    Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D