Monday, November 18, 2013

hey buddy

** 11/24/13 DT Favorite at Make It Monday - Featured on Sandy's Blog! **

OMG - what fun I had creating this boy card, my DT inspiration project for the Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog LTSCB #18 - Boyz Rule! Come play with us! We're being sponsored by the awesome QKR Stampede!

I used a navy blue and neutrals color scheme, along with several die cuts and some adorable ruler washi tape! I even dug into the buttons!


What a fun, fun image this was to work with! Love the plumber's crack on this little carpenter! ;)


I found some tool die cuts in my stash that I've had forever... so long, in fact, that I don't have any earthly idea where I got them! But the hammer was perfect for the inside of this card!


I'm proud to enter my buddy card into the following challenges:


Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury white cardstock (card base); Hammermill cardstock (image); GKD navy blue and kraft cardstock
  • GKD Casual Friday and Pool Side 6x6 patterned paper packs
  • QKR Stampede Carpenter digital image
  • Copics: E33/51/99, C1/5, B93/97, Y17/21, R27, YR09/18
  • Paper Smooches Simply Said stamp set (front and inside sentiments)
  • Memento Rich Cocoa and Tuxedo Black ink
  • Spellbinders Classic Circles and Fleur de Lis Squares dies
  • Ruler washi tape
  • Hammer die cut
  • Buttons

Hope you've been inspired to get out your crafty goodies and create a masculine card for our challenge! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

19 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice card!!!

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Such a cute card. Love that image. (and the little crack) LoL great card, great coloring. Thanks for joining in the fun at Created with Love Challenges.
Linda K. DT

Nicole N. (Nicole's Craft Nook) said...

Hee hee!! Great masculine card!! :) :) I saw your card @ Make It Monday!!
My Card at Make It Monday
I LOVE TO COLOR!!!

Granmargaret said...

Great boys card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Craftitude.

Chris Hanselman said...

Great card. Love the image....reminds me of my hubby. Some guys no matter what they wives say or do, show there cracks!! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Created With Love Challenges

~~Chris

Michelle said...

This card is great. Love the colouring.
Thanks for joining us at Anonymous Stamps.
xxx Michelle

Judith Culham Elsdon said...

Brilliant project - thank you for entering the Crafty Girls Challenge - good luck xx

Bev said...

What a great card and I love the image, off to check this company out. thanks for joining us at Anonymous Stamps x

Loz said...

Gorgeous card and image. I spotted this on MIM..Loz

Katherine said...

Awesome masculine card! Love everything about it! Saw you at MIM!

xx Katherine

cropnkathy

Pam MacKay said...

What a fun card!! Love the inside of the card too!! Thanks for joining Created With Love Challenges!

Lady Anne said...

Such a great card, it made me smile which I love. Fabulous image which you have coloured so beautifully. Thank You for sharing with us at Lady Anne's Challenges.
Love ~ Lady Anne xx

Lady Anne's Challenge's
Lady Anne's Blog

Bo said...

Absolutely great card! Love all in it! Thanks for sharing it with us at Sister Act Card Challenge! Hugs, Bo

FeistyCrafter said...

Great image!! This card cracks me up. because I've seen a lot of butt cracks in this house! This is another great card by you!

Cindy Groh said...

First of all I saw your card on MIM and had to stop by for a better look. Then secondly, I love this card. It is such a perfect male card. May I post a link to your card on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post where I showcase masculine cards for my readers. LMK-Let me know. My email is grohcm at gmail dot com. Send a link with an email so I can find your card again.
Thanks
Cindy

Sandy said...

Wonderful male card, love that fun image.
Thanks for linking up with Make It Monday this week.
Hugs,
Sandy

Sandy said...

Just popping back in to let you know I chose your card to feature on my blog today as a POTW entry from last week's Make It Monday linky party.
Hugs,
Sandy

Bonnie Irvine said...

Fabulous card! I love the image...it makes me laugh. The design is spot on...gorgeous paper mix, wonderful colour palette, great contrasting frame. The pop of red and unexpected blue are wonderful details and the buttons and sentiments add great balance and fun shapes. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes/Falling Leaves challenge at Craftitude this fortnight. I hope you join us again soon.

Helen said...

Love it!! That just made me laugh out loud!

Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Girls Challenge.

Helen x