Monday, November 25, 2013

have a beautiful birthday

Hello, everyone! Another busy weekend behind us - they seem to pass by way too quickly! Thanksgiving is this week... then Christmas is right around the corner! I've popped in this morning to post a clean and simple birthday card I created with an absolutely gorgeous Eureka Stamps digital image. I probably shouldn't tell you this but it's actually an 'oops' - I created it for a DT inspiration project and when I sat back admiring it after it was finished, I realized I hadn't followed the sketch! Uh oh! But it shan't go to waste... I have their blessing (and a chuckle) to post it anyway, so I'll use this happy accident for play instead! That's not a bad thing! You'll be seeing this gorgeous image colored differently in another project in a few weeks, so stay tuned! Hehehe!

Love, love, love this image! It's called Flower Basket and the detail is just amazing! It's also a very versatile image, and with different sentiments could easily be made into a thank you, a get well, a congrats, or an anniversary. I left the inside blank to use as a note card.


I chose bright and cheery colors for the flowers and a pretty pink bow. The white layers are matted on black for a stunning effect. I didn't use any embellishments whatsoever. You have to admit this make an amazing CAS card - I can't wait to give it somebody! ;)


I'd love to enter this beauty into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury white cardstock (card base); Crafter's Companion white cardstock (image); Paper and More black cardstock
  • Eureka Stamps Flower Basket digital image
  • Copics: YR01/04/15, Y11/15, R81/83/85, E33/37, BV00/08, YG11/63/93/95

Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

19 comments:

  1. Hi Leslie. Love the basket full of flowers. This is such a beautiful image with such a lot of detail, beautifully coloured too. Thanks for joining the fun at ATSM. Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure can color. Like everything about the card. Thank you for sharing this amazing artwork with us. Remember up to five AG Family friendly projects can be posted.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. D,
    The coloring is amazing. Those flowers look real. Thank you for sharing this amazing artwork with us. Remember up to five AG Family friendly projects can be posted.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. I saw it on Make it Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and image Leslie. I spotted this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bold colouring and it is so beautiful. I saw this on MIM and had to take a closer look

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card...Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card - absolutely beautiful coloring. LOVE this. The friend who receives this will be very lucky. Thanks so much for joining us this week at ATS&M.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful CAS card Leslie, great image & coloring!

    Good to see you join us for the CAGI Challenge, hope to you come back soon!
    ¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
    Shell in Alaska ~ CAGI DT
    http://akstamping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty!!! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at MIM! Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
    Good luck,
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a colorful bunch of flowers! You are right - that is a great image Leslie. Your matting on black and elevating the focal image panel is a nice touch! Thanks for sharing your project in the “Any Sentiment” Challenge.
    ~ginny, DT for Aud Sentiments
    RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a lovely image and you did a great job coloring it. I also like your choice of clean design, it makes the image stand out so beautifully! Thanks for your comment on my blog, I'm returning your visit from MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome coloring and the card is so beautiful. Thank you so much for joining us at ATSM. Good luck.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Leslie! I love your image and the coloring is fabulous! It looks so real!

    I would love for you to join me for a chance to win FREE candy on my blog if you haven’t already joined. Have a wonderful week! Hugs, Gloria

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oops! I forgot to say I saw this on MIM. So gorgeous! Thanks for sharing it with us Leslie! Happy Holidays. Hugs, Gloria

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Leslie love your card awesome colours and I love the simplicity of your card letting the image being the focal point. Very pretty.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your image, it's so versatile and you coloured it perfectly! Thank you for playing along with us @ Ooh La La :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a pretty image and so beautifully coloured too. Thanks for sharing with us at the Ooh La La Challenge. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D