Wednesday, November 13, 2013

happy holidays

Hi everybody! I'm back this morning to share my DT inspiration project for the challenge this week at Inky Impressions - IIC #134 - Red & Green. Come play with us! We want to see your red and green projects! Christmas is just around the corner, so dig into your Christmas stash (or not) and get your craft on! ;)

I used the absolutely adorable Inky Impressions Delilah's Ducky Christmas stamp as the focal image on my card. I kept the overall design simple.


The green patterned background paper is new that I just added to my Christmas stash. I cut the banner from some red cardstock that I stamped/embossed snowflakes on and had in my stash - I knew it would come in handy one day! ;)


I stamped the sentiment, also available in the Inky store, vertically on some clear cardstock layered on top of the banner, and attached the banner with a couple eyelets. I also used a few brads and some of my favorite WOC flowers. ;)


The computer-generated sentiment on the inside was cut with an oval die and mounted on a lacey die cut and then on a strip of the green patterned paper I used on the front.


I'd love to enter this sweet card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury white cardstock; Paper and More black cardstock; Heartfelt Creations clear cardstock; Marcos red cardstock
  • Lawn Fawn fa-la-la o christmas tree paper
  • Inky impressions Delilah's Ducky Christmas stamp
  • Copics: YG11/17/67, Y11/17, YR09, R22/24/27/89, B05/91, BG000, BV17, E99
  • Sakura Stardust pen
  • Inky Impressions Nice List Sentiment stamp
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • StazOn Jet Black ink
  • Spellbinders Classic Circles, Big Scalloped Circles, Classic Ovals, Floral Ovals and Foliage dies
  • Wild Orchid Crafts flowers
  • Red and gold brads; white eyelets

I hope you're inspired to create a red and green project for our challenge this week - it doesn't necessarily have to be a Christmas project! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time!
Hugs,
Leslie

9 comments:

  1. Love the mix of papers and fab colouring. Thanks for joining us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  2. As it’s something I really don’t like doing for a whole comment will admit to this being a copy and paste one comment because I am unable to type properly at the moment, but didn't want to miss the opportunity to take a look at your lovely creation and thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very adorable! Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
    Pia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is just so cute! I love the banner and sentiment. the image is fab and beautifully coloured. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quacking card ;-)

    Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin'
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Love flowers touch and cute ducky ))
    Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin` “Christmas” Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs
    Natali

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leslie this is delightful, super image and love the strong colours, thank you for sharing with us at Scribble and Scraps, best of luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Thanks so much for joining our anything goes challenge at Scrapper’s Delights. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! So bright and cheerful. Fabulous Christmas card.

    Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D