Monday, October 14, 2013

So many reasons to be Thankful

Hi everyone! I've been busy in the scrap room, FINALLY feeling human after being sick with some kind of crud since last weekend. Not sure if it was the flu or just plain crud, but it was nasty and had me down for several days. My mojo has been rockin' and I have created six cards... yep, six! Four are DT inspiration projects (I like to work ahead if I can), one is for a hush-hush birthday coming up and one is purely for my playing pleasure! I think the mega mojo and six cards in two days is a record for me so I'm very proud of myself! Hehehe!

I've been perusing my Technique Junkies Fancy Folds and Motion specialty CD and found this hidden slider card that's just perfect on so many levels. Pair the action mechanism with an awesome sentiment and a great card is born. Plus I unearthed a wonderful 6x6 paper pack that I forgot I had... a treasure trove of double-sided papers... and I just had to use some. You'll be seeing more of them in another project that I'll reveal later this week, so stay tuned!


The sentiment is slowly revealed as the sliding portion of the card is pulled upward out of the sleeve.


I stamped some lace on the sliding cardstock so it wouldn't be so bare. It needed a little something but I knew I couldn't go overboard because it had to be able to go slide back down into the sleeve. And check out my hand-cut flower pot, too, by the way! ;)


Here's that beautiful sentiment. I added a tiny die cut butterfly.


And another tiny die cut butterfly is perched on one of the gorgeous stamped flowers. I incorporated the colors of the paper into the ink choices for the flowers.


I would love to enter this hidden slider card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Gina K Designs Pure Luxury warm cocoa cardstock; green textured cardstock from stash
  • October Afternoon Campfire 6x6 paper pad
  • GKD You're My Favorite stamp set
  • Memento Morocco, Pear Tart, Teal Zeal and Tuxedo Black ink
  • GKD lace stamp (from winner's grab bag)
  • Spellbinders Classic Ovals dies
  • Cheery Lynn Mini Dimensional Butterflies w/ Angel Wings
  • Creative Memories corner rounder

Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

8 comments:

  1. I love the background paper you have used to match with this soft image-great contrast. Thanks for joining us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I can over to see the other pictures of your slider card. Love the way you have the sentiment going behind the flowers. The lace stamp worked out wonderful to give that extra touch. So nice and colorful. Thanks so much for joining us at Twisted Thursday. Hope will see you back.
    Hugs, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Leslie :) the whole design of this is fabulous :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, love the stamped flowers and gorgeous colours, thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week. Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a good idea - I do like the way the sentiment slowly comes into view. The pot of flowers is fab. Thanks for playing along with ASM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work and layout, thanks for joining us at SFTW challenge , good luck cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, Leslie! I love everything about it....the type of card, the paper, the sentiment...everything! Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card, I love your stamped flowers and lace, and the sliding mechanism is great. Thanks for joining in with us at Stamping Sensations this month. Maddy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D