** 10/10/13 Winner at Creative Knockouts! **
Hi everyone! I'm back to share with you my DT inspiration project for our Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog's Recipe challenge this week! We're being sponsored by the awesome Bugaboo Digi Stamps! Come play with us! The recipe is 3 papers/cardstock (patterned or solid), 2 flowers and 1 die cut.
I chose the "Pink Ribbon Gals - Stella" digi image for my note card. I just LOVE this little lady! Besides October being Breast Cancer Awareness Month, my grandmother was my inspiration for creating this card. I never met her, as she died before I was born, from metastatic bilateral breast cancer. They didn't have all the medical advances back then that we have now, and I pray that some day a cure for all kinds of cancer will be found.
I chose a pink and milk chocolate color scheme for this note card and I distressed it to give it a vintage feel. In keeping with the challenge recipe, I used two pink patterned and one brown cardstock, two flowers, and a Spellbinders Fleur de lis Squares die cut to which I adhered the colored Stella image.
I kept the layout simple with one horizontal panel matted on the chocolate cardstock. Other than the two flowers, the only other embellishments are pink and chocolate flat-back pearls. I left the inside blank, as this is a note card.
I'd love to enter Stella into the following challenges:
- Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog: Challenge #180 - Use A Digi
- Five Simple Things: Inspire Me Fridays 123 - Anything Goes!
- Sister Act Card Challenges: Challenge #27
- Cute Card Thursday: Challenge 289 - Signs of Distress
- Creative Knockouts: #5 - CASE Study (GDT Saskia)
- GKD Pure Luxury white cardstock (card base); Crafter's Companion white cardstock (image); Glitz Pretty in Pink 6x6 cardstock; Core'dinations The Chocolate Box cardstock
- Pink Ribbon Gals - Stella digital image
- Copics: E00/35, RV21/23/25, C1/3/5
- Ranger Vintage Photo Distress Ink
- Pink and chocolate flat-back pearls; pink brads
I hope you've found a little inspiration to enter a project in our Recipe challenge using 3 papers/cardstock, 2 flowers and 1 die cut! It'll be a challenge, but c'mon, you can do it! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)