Monday, October 21, 2013

go with all your heart

Ewwwee... we're fast approaching the end of October and that means Christmas is just around the corner. I still cannot believe how fast this year has gone by. I've popped in today to post my DT inspiration project for our Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog's "Play Some Blues" challenge! We're being sponsored this time by the amazing Delicious Doodles! Come play with us! This is a color challenge... you must use shades of blue on your project. This was quite fun, actually! I've never in my life colored blue hair! ;)

I chose the uber gorgeous Fairy Fae digi for my encouragement card. I just love, love, love the inside sentiment I chose... "Wherever you go, go with all your heart." It's a Confucious quote from the GKD Wild at Heart stamp set I purchased a few weeks ago.

I used four different shades of blue textured cardstock and did something a little different than normal. I butted the matted background up against the right edge without leaving a border of white and then placed the focal image to the extreme right. I'm a rebel like that and I think it looks pretty cool! And I'm still lovin' the all-blue! ;)


I used a mini butterfly with angel wings die that I haven't used in quite a while, and the fairly new Piestra Tile die that I just love. The only other embellishment needed was a few blue flat-back pearls.


And here's that awesome sentiment that I just love. No truer words were ever spoken!


  • GKD Pure Luxury white cardstock (card base); Crafter's Companion white cardstock (image); 4 varying shades of blue DCWV textured cardstock
  • Delicious Doodles Fairy Fae digital image
  • Copics: E00/35, RV21, B00/02/05/91/93/95/97
  • Sakura Stardust pen
  • Cheery Lynn Mini Dimensional Butterflies with Angel Wings die
  • Memory Box Piestra Tile die
  • Sentiment from the GKD Wild at Heart stamp set
  • Melissa Frances light blue flat-back pearls
  • Kool Tak clear foam pads

Well, I hope this is all the inspiration you need to create an all-blue project for our "Play Some Blues!" challenge! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

8 comments:

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing our layer challenge, she is beautiful, great job on this card! Thanks again friend for playing our challenge!

Leanne DT!
4 Crafty Chicks!

Lori said...

Gorgeous card, Leslie! Thank you so much for joining us this week at 4 Crafty Chicks for our "many layers" challenge!

Nonni said...

Beautiful monochrome card! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational Challenges, come back next time!

Penny Nantell said...

Lovely Monochromatic card. Love the digi. Thanks for joining us at My Heart Pieces. PennyRae DT

BrendaB said...

Beautiful card! You did an awesome job with the coloring and I love those dies you used!

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

Love ow you backed your paper and your coloringwas spot on. Such an eye catching card. Great wor Leslie.

FeistyCrafter said...

Stunning and sexy card! Fabulous job on the blues challenge!
Big Hugs!!

Ellie said...

What a beautiful creation! Love all the details!
Thanks so much for playing along in my "anything" word play saturday challenge at My Creative Moments!