Saturday, September 7, 2013

You're my favorite one in the bunch

What an awesome flowery sentiment for a girlfriend! I've been playing in the scrap room today while the hubster worked a little while this morning and then mowed the yard (four acres) when he got home. I reworked a card that I made a couple weeks ago that I just wasn't feeling (you'll see the new version very soon in an upcoming Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog challenge) and also created a couple note cards with some gorgeous new Gina K Designs stamps and papers which I'll post separately. Woo-hoo - I've been chomping at the bit for the last couple days to dig into this package of crafty goodness! :)

I kept this note card relatively clean and simple, using three beautiful floral stamps, ivory and green cardstock and some gorgeous patterned paper. Most of the time I gravitate toward lots of layers and embellishments, but in this case, I believe less is more! I just love how it turned out! I created the note cards today strictly to enter in a few challenges... they aren't DT inspiration projects! ;)



I'd love to enter this beautiful note card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury Ivory and Fresh Asparagus cardstock
  • GKD Grateful Heart 6x6 patterned paper
  • GKD You're My Favorite stamp set (floral stamps and sentiment stamp)
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • GKD Fresh Asparagus double-stitched ribbon
  • Copper brads
  • Kool Tak clear foam squares

Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card, great sentiment, this is so "up my street" thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's challenge, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Leslie! The DP and delicate stamp are lovely. Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card, I love the way you've set of the clean image with the colours behind. Not too cluttered. Many thanks for entering the Rhedd and Rosie's Challenge and good luck! Melissa (DT) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely sentiment and I love how you have kept the centre CAS against the coloured background. Thanks for joining us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card. Love the image. Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubber Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo pretty, love that sentiment, and the stamp...very nice...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stamping. Thanks for playing with Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, really love it. And what a beautiful sentiment. Thanks so much for joining us at Rhedd & Rosies.
    Hugs
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D