Sunday, September 29, 2013

King of the Road

** 10/9/13 Winner at Rhedd and Rosie's Challenge Blog! **
** 10/6/13 Winner at Bombshell Stamps Blog! **

I've been in the scrap room playing with my new Bombshell stamp sets! Woo-hoo! I can honestly say I've had some inky fingers and that's definitely not a bad thing! ;) This card is one I created specifically to enter into a few challenges! I love me some sketch challenges and just don't seem to play with them often enough. C'mon, what are you waiting for?! There are still a couple more days, so come play!

Here's the Bombshell Stamps September sketch....


And here's my version...


I modified the sketch a bit, as I definitely felt like this street rod needed some square corners!


I used a piece of bright yellow cardstock that's been kicking around in the scrap bin for a couple years now, so I felt pretty good about that. The vintage dark gray and yellow gingham papers are from fairly new 6x6 paper packs.


And here's a peek at the inside. Love that V8 symbol! ;)


I'd love to enter a few challenges with this girl:

Recipe:
  • GKD Pure Luxury ivory and dark gray cardstock; yellow cardstock from stash
  • Vintage dark gray paper from My Mind's Eye Nostalgia 6x6 designer paper pad; vintage yellow gingham paper from Crate Paper Pretty Party  6x6 pad
  • Bombshell Stamps King of the Road Stamp set
  • StazOn Jet Black ink
  • Copics: Y06/17, C1/3/5
  • Queen & Co. Rox Marble Magic gemstones

Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

11 comments:

  1. This is a fab male card, love the image, thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's challenge, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Reminds me of the ZZ Top car! Thanks for sharing with us at Rhedd and Rosie's, good luck! Wendy DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! I love your color scheme and the inside too! Thanks for playing along with Bombshell Stamps Sept. Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous vibrant card for a man. Fabulous image and layout too. Thanks for joining us at the Ooh La La Challenge. Michelle x DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to post this one on Manly Monday as well. LMK grohcm at gmail dot com.
    Thanks
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab card, great for the men. Stunning striking colours just love it.

    Thanks so much for coming over and joining in with our 16th Challenge at Rhedd and Rosie's Challenge Blog.

    Great Big Huge Hugs

    Becca xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the car! Love the card too! Many thanks for entering the Rhedd and Rosie's Challenge and good luck! Melissa (DT) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicely done Leslie, love the colors, and the image....awesome! Great coloring...way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous card. Great coloring and fun colors. Thanks for playing along with us at the Sister Act Challenge Blog this week.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card Leslie, love your paper choice too! ( off to do some MME shopping!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous card, love the image anmd colours. Thanks for joining us at Rhedd and Rosies x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D