Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Bombshell Stamps September Blog Hop

Hi everyone! Welcome to the Bombshell Stamps September Blog Hop! The theme this month is Speed Demon: Masters of Transportation! Sit back and get comfy - you're in for a real treat and some uber awesome inspiration!

My Bombshell stamps were late getting here. Thanks to the good ole' US Snail Service, priority mail that should have taken 1-3 days took 7 days, so I'm (finally) here to update this post with my project! Yay! I really appreciate your patience, and to those of you who took the time to check back for my project, I thank you from the bottom of my Harley heart! :)

The hubster doesn't know it, but this is going to be his birthday card next year. I used one of the awesome stamps from the Harley Bikes stamp set, mounted on a chunk of rusty red textured cardstock matted on dark gray. I created a flame border with the very cool flame stamp from the Tattoo Backgrounds stamp set.


This bike's sparkly paint job was done with Copics and Stardust pen. I wish you could see the sparkle better in the photos! It looks pretty darn good! ;) And I had a blast adding the flames (from the flame stamp) on the gas tank!


This is a totally awesome sentiment - so awesome, in fact, that the hubster wants to put it on his 'Vette ('74 Stingray)... I'll keep you posted on that! ;)


I kept the inside blank except for a tiny Iron Cross in the lower left corner. The Iron Cross was originally displayed by bikers as a symbol of rebellion but in recent years has taken on a meaning of honor, strength, and standing up for what you believe. Very cool!


I'm honored to enter this card into the following challenges:

Recipe:

Okay, here's the hop list - if you arrived here from Marnie, you're on the right track and your next stop is Alaine! If not, check out the Bombshell Blog where the hop starts!

Bombshell Blog (the hop starts here)
Alison
Kim
Glittery Katie
Monika
Marnie
Leslie (you're here)
Alaine
Susie
Kelli
Kathi

Hope you're having fun! Thanks so much for hopping by today - we'll see you next time!

Hugs,
Leslie

12 comments:

Glittery Katie said...

Looking forward to seeing your projects Leslie...welcome to the team!

Kelli said...

I too am looking forward to seeing your project and welcome you to the team as well!!! Looking forward to working with you!!!

Alison said...

So sorry that your stamps haven't arrived yet...but I look forward to seeing your creations!

Kim said...

Can't wait to see your creations!

Zoe said...

Great card, perfect males card, thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's challenge, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

Jo Nevill said...

Fabulous card, great bike !
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge this week

Jo x

Moira Gray said...

Great card, love the bike.

Thanks for joining us at Rhedd & Rosie Challenge Blog.

Moira DT.

Cindy Groh said...

I love this card. It is such a perfect male card. May I post a link to your card on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post where I showcase masculine cards for my readers. LMK-Let me know. My email is grohcm at gmail dot com. Send a link with an email so I can find your card again.
Thanks
Cindy

Melissa Latchem said...

Great card! not sure I agree with the sentiment ;-) my boys keep threatening to buy a bike! Many thanks for entering the Rhedd and Rosie's Challenge and good luck! Melissa (DT) xxxx

Sandra van Blaricum said...

Wow, cool card!!!
Love the sdamp and your coloring is fabulous!!
Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges!
Hugs,Sandra

Leanne said...

Love it, great coloring and the image and sentiment...wowee! Sure has that WOW factor..has punch if you get me....Way to go!

Cathy said...

Brilliant card, I popped over from Cindy's Manly Monday blog, love the image and you've coloured it beautifully, Cathy x