My Bombshell stamps were late getting here. Thanks to the good ole' US Snail Service, priority mail that should have taken 1-3 days took 7 days, so I'm (finally) here to update this post with my project! Yay! I really appreciate your patience, and to those of you who took the time to check back for my project, I thank you from the bottom of my Harley heart! :)
The hubster doesn't know it, but this is going to be his birthday card next year. I used one of the awesome stamps from the Harley Bikes stamp set, mounted on a chunk of rusty red textured cardstock matted on dark gray. I created a flame border with the very cool flame stamp from the Tattoo Backgrounds stamp set.
This bike's sparkly paint job was done with Copics and Stardust pen. I wish you could see the sparkle better in the photos! It looks pretty darn good! ;) And I had a blast adding the flames (from the flame stamp) on the gas tank!
This is a totally awesome sentiment - so awesome, in fact, that the hubster wants to put it on his 'Vette ('74 Stingray)... I'll keep you posted on that! ;)
I kept the inside blank except for a tiny Iron Cross in the lower left corner. The Iron Cross was originally displayed by bikers as a symbol of rebellion but in recent years has taken on a meaning of honor, strength, and standing up for what you believe. Very cool!
I'm honored to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Bearly Mine Challenges: Challenge #105 - Anything Goes
- Ooh La La Creations Challenges: Magnificent Men
- Rhedd and Rosie's Challenge Blog: Something For The Men....16th Challenge
- Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog: Anything Goes
- Party Time Tuesday's Challenge Blog: PTT#139 - Anything Goes
- Through The Craft Room Door: TTCRD Challenge September 24-30 - Anything Goes
- GKD Pure Luxury ivory and dark gray cardstock; DCWV rusty red textured cardstock
- My Mind's Eye Nostalgia 6x6 designer paper pad
- Bombshell Stamps Harley Bikes stamp set
- Bombshell Stamps Tattoo Backgrounds stamp set
- StazOn Jet Black ink
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink
- Copics: C1/3/5, R22/24/27, YR04, Y17, B000
- Sakura Stardust pen
- Spellbinders Long Classic Rectangles and Grommet Tags dies
- Dark gray flat-back pearls
Okay, here's the hop list - if you arrived here from Marnie, you're on the right track and your next stop is Alaine! If not, check out the Bombshell Blog where the hop starts!
Bombshell Blog (the hop starts here)
Leslie (you're here)
Hope you're having fun! Thanks so much for hopping by today - we'll see you next time!