Sunday, September 1, 2013

a blessing from above

** 9/5/13 Featured at Five Simple Things 
Inspire Me Fridays! **

I'm  back this evening to share with you an explosion card I created just to enter into a few challenges! I haven't been doing that very often lately... usually my creations are DT inspiration projects. I won a monthly technique challenge over at SweetStamps several weeks ago and the prize was a Technique Junkies specialty CD. There were a few CDs to chose from and I selected "Fancy Folds and Motion" - a pretty awesome choice if I say so myself! I want to make every one on the CD! Needless to say, this explosion card fold is one on the CD.

Despite it's complex look, this was super easy and loads of fun! I used a new GKD stamp duo that I got a few months back, paired with some coordinating blue and green papers from my new favorite Bold Basics paper pad. Now I can't wait give it to somebody having a little boy! I showed it to my son and daughter-in-law today when they were over... wink-wink... hint-hint! I told them they needed to get busy! Hehehe!


The stork is colored with Copics and paper pieced. There's lots of distressing - on the edges of the focal image, the outside edges and along each of the folds which you can't see very well in the photos.


I used a scallop border die cut on both outside edges and blinged it up around the focal image and both outside edges. I'm lovin' it! ;)



I'd love to enter this explosion card into the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Technique Junkies "Fancy Folds and Motion" Specialty CD
  • GKD Pure Luxury white cardstock; DCWV blue textured cardstock
  • Dotted and striped/plaid papers from the Recollections Bold Basics paper pad
  • GKD "a blessing from above" stamp duo
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • Copics: B91/93, E00, YR01, G14
  • VersaMagic Oasis Green ink (used to distress all outside edges and folds)
  • Spellbinders Classic Squares and Scalloped Squares dies
  • Sweet N Sassy Scallop Border die
  • Clear gemstones

Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie


7 comments:

Shell Klieber said...

What a sweet card for a baby shower! I love that it has so many different areas to decorate. Thanks for playing along with the Sweet Stampin' Challenge & good luck!
'Shell
http://shellscardhaven.blogspot.ca

Debbie said...

What a gorgeous card.
Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin'. Debbiex

E said...

Awesome card! Thanks for playing with us this week at Inky Impressions! Hugs E

Leanne said...

OMGOsh that is cool..thanks friend for playing at 4 Crafty Chicks, you made this challenge even better! Cheers!

Leanne DT
4CC!

Tamie said...

I love the colors, layout and fantastic image. Incredible inspiration sure glad that you shared it with us at 4CC.

Maria Matter said...

great design! this is adorable Leslie!

I'll be featuring you this week @ Inspire Me Fridays, thanks so much for linking up!

Chris said...

Hi Leslie, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/