Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Vintage Bowl and Pitcher

Well, we're a little closer to the end of this month which brings us closer to the end of this year, and I'm feeling kind of vintage (hahaha... I guess because I am kind of vintage!), so I created a pretty vintage card as my inspiration project for SweetStamps Challenge #131 - Anything Goes! I'm really enjoying being a guest designer for the month of August! Come play with us! You know you love Anything Goes (wink-wink)!

I used the absolutely gorgeous SweetStamps Bowl and Pitcher stamp on ivory cardstock, embossed with SweetStamps copper fine detail embossing powder. I colored it up with a few Copics, cut it with a Spellbinders die and sponged distress ink on it while it was still in the die, then mounted it on a beautiful distressed doily die cut. I heavily distressed the edges of the card base and the kraft cardstock to which I adhered the focal image over top some burlap. I finished the front with a twine bow, a few sequins dabbed with Bisque Liquid Pearls and some chocolate flat-back pearls.


The inside is very simple. The sentiment is stamped with my favorite SweetStamps "Have A Beautiful Day" on ivory cardstock, cut with a Spellbinders scalloped oval die and edges distressed.


Recipe:

I hope you're inspired to create an Anything Goes project for this awesome SweetStamps challenge! Given all the fun products in the SweetStamps Shop, the possibilities are endless! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time!
Hugs,
Leslie

3 comments:

  1. how gorgeous! i love the vintage look and that doily is simply gorgeous. beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl, I love that image, very cool...the die in the back, wow...very nice...gotta go scope that out. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely stunning!! If this is your first project using parchment, then I can't wait to see your other creations, because this is just stunning!!! We enjoyed your projects this month at SS and we hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D