Friday, August 16, 2013

holiday happiness

I'm (still) super excited to be guest designing for SweetStamps for the month of August! I'm back today to share with you my inspiration project for the SweetStamps Monthly Technique Challenge - Masking! I absolutely LOVE this technique! It's super fun, easy and yields the most awesome result! This technique challenge will run from August 15th through September 14th, so come play with us! You're gonna love this technique, too! If you've never tried the masking technique, be sure to check out the Splitcoast Stampers tutorial HERE.

I'm getting a head start on my Christmas cards (it'll be here before we know it), and used the beautifully simple SweetStamps "Winter Tree" stamp along with some JudiKins Eclipse Mask Tape and four Memento inks (Bamboo Leaves, Pear Tart, New Sprout and Pistacho) to create a little wintery scene! Green is my absolute favorite color, so these different shades of green masked trees are just an added bonus to this beautiful card! ;) I completed the focal image on my card by tearing the edges, matting it on green cardstock and then tearing those edges. I adhered the matted piece to the card base and applied some green flat-back pearls.


The inside sentiment is SweetStamps "holiday happiness" stamped in Pear Tart, Bamboo Leaves and Pistacho.


One more shot of the inside, up close to show off that gorgeous stamp font and those pretty shades of green!


Recipe:

I hope you're inspired to create a pretty masked project for this fun SweetStamps technique challenge or to "tackle" this fun technique if you've never tried it before! Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time! ;)
Hugs,
Leslie

1 comment:

Leanne said...

This is cool! I am doing some Christmas cards too! Gotta get ahead these days! Nice card, i love the masking technique! Awesome!